Calphalon Contemporary 2-Piece Fruit/Vegetable Knife Set

Calphalon Contemporary 2-Piece Fruit/Vegetable Knife SetI received a set of these knives for Christmas, and these two were not included. These are the best knives I have ever used. Cutting meat is like butter. I would highly recommend them.

Kim

Wishek ND

These knives were great initially. Balanced, sharp, good price. Unfortunately, I've noticed that the edges are chipping after a couple of years of proper use. My henckels 4 star knives are still like new, and older. I treat my knives with TLC, use mostly for fruits and veggies, hand wash, etc. It's clear that the material is inferior (brittle; large crystals are breaking off).

Buy Calphalon Contemporary 2-Piece Fruit/Vegetable Knife Set Now

I got Calphalon knives for Christmas, and was most impressed. I ordered these because I refuse to empty the dishwasher till absolutly necessary. Great quality. They should last a life time, or three.

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon Contemporary 2-Piece Fruit/Vegetable Knife Set Here

Bought this set for my wife so she wouldn't use my CIA HydePark Masters, but I somehow end up using hers more than mines, not because the CIA's aren't good, but because the Calphalon's handles are really ergonomic and comfortable. Mind you, for the tough cutting jobs where I need my full speed, the big guns (or knives rather, you can't bring guns to a knife fight) still have to come out.

The Calphalons don't hold their edge as long though, at least every 2 days they need a couple swipes on the steel to renew, something I don't have to do with my CIA blades, but then again, my 3.5" parer cost more than this whole set, so you do get what you pay for, which is very fair.

All in all a sweet little set, but as I mentioned in another review, not everyone uses 6" utility knives anymore, they are a little 'in-between', so to speak. If you like that size, together with the paring knife (which is ideally sized), then this set is for you.

Want Calphalon Contemporary 2-Piece Fruit/Vegetable Knife Set Discount?

The BEST knife I've used in the kitchen EVER! It's sharp! The handle is easy to hold. It's now the first knives I reach for. I'm following the mfg recommendations to not put it in the dishwasher. Wow, it's well worth the money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment