Bundle Monster Complete Series - 9 piece Ceramic Cutlery Knives Set (6" Chef's, 6" Santoku, 4" Util

Bundle Monster Complete Series - 9 piece Ceramic Cutlery Knives Set White Knife Blade and SheathThis is a good price for a versatile set of ceramic knives. They are wicked sharp and cut well. But I agree with another review, they are designed wrong for chopping or slicing veggies, or for sharpening the whole blade.

The problem is the bolster at the end of the handle. It drops to the bottom of the blade and below. This may seem like a nit but to me it's not. The way I cut veggies is with a "pull, lift and push, pull..." circular motion, using the whole length of the blade. It's fast. But the bolster interferes with using the whole length of the blade, especially the edge near the handle. For the same reason, you can't sharpen the bolster end of the blade in a diamond sharpener -the bolster won't let you.

Now, if you just want to try out ceramic and don't expect to sharpen them (the edge lasts forever, well, about 10x longer than steel), then these are a great buy. But if you cut like I do, or want to sharpen them, check out the another set, like the Shenzhen set.

Do remember ceramic is about as brittle as glass, and may shatter or break if dropped, bent or banged into frozen stuff or bone. So don't. But again, for a quick tryout of ceramic, a good bargain.

I've been using these knifes for over a month. I haven't had any problems with the quality, but they are designed poorly for chopping. The heel/bolster of the knife is in the way to properly chop any vegetables.

Revised....The new design has outdated my previous review. It looks as if they have changed it so the bolster isn't protruding past the blade. I'll have to up my rating now even though I bought the previous style which aren't as good as these.

Buy Bundle Monster Complete Series - 9 piece Ceramic Cutlery Knives Set (6" Chef's, 6" Santoku, 4" Util Now

I wanted to get a second set of ceramic knives as the family is always fighting over who gets to use the ceramic knives!

Thought these were a pretty good deal for 4 knives and a peeler.

I actually like sharpness of the knives. However there is one MAJOR flaw in the design. There is no clearance for your hand, as the bolster is set parallel to the blade edge, which means your fingers are level if not past the blade, so you can't chop without smashing your fingers/knuckles against the cutting board surface.

And I also own the Kyocera DS-50 Ceramic Knife Sharpener, and the way the bolster is situated, prevents me from sharpening the lower half of the knife edge.

While other reviewers are correct that it's a good price, given that it is of limited use in the kitchen (can't chop or re-sharpen fully), I wouldn't recommend this product.

Read Best Reviews of Bundle Monster Complete Series - 9 piece Ceramic Cutlery Knives Set (6" Chef's, 6" Santoku, 4" Util Here

Knives are weighted well and extremely sharp. I was surprised by the quality of the knives for the price. A recommended buy for ceramic knife lovers!

Want Bundle Monster Complete Series - 9 piece Ceramic Cutlery Knives Set (6" Chef's, 6" Santoku, 4" Util Discount?

These were priced substantially lower than at other retail outlets and I had it in my mind that if the price was affordable I would try them. Good choice for me for a change. These are very good knives for the money. It is imperative that one reads the instructions and usage papers as they are not a knife that will replace your carving or boning knives.

All in all they are a great buy and I would buy them again.

As always, Amazon does a great job getting their products to the customer in a timely fashion even with FREE Shipping.

Good Company, good product selections and great pricing. What more is there?

0 comments:

Post a Comment