Calphalon Contemporary 7-Inch Santoku Knife

Calphalon Contemporary 7-Inch Santoku KnifeI bought this knife two months ago, we use it everyday and it is still as sharp as the day we bought it. My husband and I love it. We do use a wooden cutting board. I bought it at a store and was able to compare it to other Santoku knives. I actually handled them. The handle on this seemed a little longer (for my husbands big hands) and it just had a good feel to it, good balance and good weight. It is made in China from German steel and the handle feels to be some sort of metal also. We are very pleased, no regrets about not buying the one that cost $$ more.

I have had this knife (in addition to the 15 piece set) for almost a year. The blade is still very sharp and cuts tomatoes, chicken, pineapples, etc. all with ease. This is a great multipurpose knife and I use it all the time. Well weighted and a nice grip. I have found that a Santuko and a paring knife are sufficient for most of my cutting needs.

Buy Calphalon Contemporary 7-Inch Santoku Knife Now

These are decent knives. They get the job done and are much more affordable than other "discount" knives with german steel blades; and much more affordable than ceramic.

I have not had an issue with sharpness, because I take care of my knives.

You would be surprised how many people that complain of "dullness" use a glass cutting board or cut directly on the countertop.

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon Contemporary 7-Inch Santoku Knife Here

My wife and I have had this knife for 2 years. It is still the first knife either of us pick out of the block when we cook reaching right past our Henckels and Wusthofs.

The blade has remained very sharp with only a honing after every other use. We can still make razor thin slices of ripe tomatoes and it's never been professionally sharpened. Of course, you should only cut on wood or plastic boards never on glass, granite or Corian!

The weight, balance and feel are perfect.

The scalloped sides do the trick *sometimes*... not every Santoku works as it should and this knife is no exception. Some vegetable slices and other thin stuff can stick to the blade. It is great for most prep, though, and perfect for carving and slicing meats.

Want Calphalon Contemporary 7-Inch Santoku Knife Discount?

I own this knife and have bought several for friends and family. It is sturdy, keeps its edge, and makes me look as if I know what I am doing :) ! The price is more reasonable that some other similar knives.

Save 63% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment