J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Bread Knife

J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Bread KnifeI got the cheaper knife set which did not include the bread knife, so I needed this one to complete the set. As with the rest of my Henckels knives, it's well balanced and very comfortable to use. I don't have any trouble cutting through the most dense of breads, the blade doesn't flex in the slightest, but it can also be used to cut tomatoes with precision.

I got this (and the set of synergy knives -different product) for my mom as a gift. If you can spend the money to get the twin series or better with Henckels, then go for it, but the Synergy line is a great second-rate knife that Henckels makes, as long as you avoid putting them in the dishwasher. I really don't know why they bother using "dishwasher-safe*" as a selling point, since they don't recommend it in the first place.

The blades will keep their sharpness, and the molded handles, even though they're made of plastic, are dense and have some good heft to them, which I like in my knives.

Buy J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Bread Knife Now

This knife looks better in person than in the pictures. It's sharp, looks cool, and is thin enough to cut easily.

Read Best Reviews of J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Bread Knife Here

Bought this because I needed a sharp bread knife and it matched the knife block set I have. It's a solid chunk of metal (particularly for a bread knife), but it's not as sharp as it could/should be. Sharp enough to draw blood if you graze your hand, but not sharp enough to cleanly cut through a soft bread roll with enough surety that you don't accidentally graze your hand. Not that I would ever be so foolish as to try cutting something while holding it in my hand. If I had it to do over, I would go with the Victorinox 47547

Want J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Bread Knife Discount?

WHEN I PURCHASED THIS BREAD KNIFE I WAS FULLY AWARE, BECAUSE OF THE PRICE, THAT THIS WAS NOT J.A. HENCKELS TOP OF THE LINE PRODUCT AND THAT IT WOULD PROBABLY BE MADE IN CHINA. SINCE I WAS NOT WILLING TO PAY APPROX $100.00 FOR THE TOP OF THE LINE VERSION, I DECIDED TO TAKE A CHANCE THAT IT AT LEAST WOULD BE MADE TO J.A. HENCKLES STANDARDS. TO MY SURPRISE, I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!! THE QUALITY AND CRAFTSMANSHIP WAS EXCELLENT. IT HAS GOOD BALANCE AND CUTS EVERYTHING FROM HARD BAGELS TO SOFT CROISANTS EVENLY AND WITH LITTLE EFFORT. (LIKE A HOT KNIFE THROUGH BUTTER..NO PUN INTENDED)...NOW THE ONLY TRUE TEST IS HOW LONG WILL IT HOLD ITS EDGE SINCE THE BLADE CANNOT BE EASILY SHARPENED..ONLY TIME WILL TELL. FOR NOW ITS ALL THUMBS UP!!!!!

Save 40% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment