Harold Imports Intruder Mesh Cutting Glove, Large

Harold Imports Intruder Mesh Cutting Glove, LargeThese are great gloves for oyster shucking. The only cut I received was on an unprotected hand! Highly recommend for oyster shuckers, and anyone pointing lots of sharp things at themselves. They are also, amazingly, DISHWASHER safe!

I love to cook and I own over two dozen pieces of quality kitchen knives. I keep them very sharp I have pretty good knife skills, still, I get cut every now and then. More than the pain (and even the little scars) it bothers me because I have to stop what I am doing and take care of my cut. Some kitchen work is more likely to result in an accident than others. I have more problems using my graters and slicers than I do my knives. I decided that I needed to look into a cut resistant glove. After searching for a reasonably priced one, I choose this brand. Here is my opinion:

I have very large hands and these fit pretty well. I have to cinch up the fingers a little so there isn't loose material on the tips of my fingers (which inhibits manual dexterity.) I can see why they do not promise protection against cuts from the tip of your knife as the weave is fairly loose and the point of a knife could easily poke through. For the price it is not bad, but I would like it to be tighter.

I have used one of these gloves for over a month now and so far, no problems (although it is not unusual for me to go months and months without getting cut.) All-in-all I like them, but I will be on the look-out for a better made, more heavy duty glove. I would like one with a tighter weave and one that is a little longer in the wrist and I will be willing to pay more for them. Still, for light duty use, these are fine.

Buy Harold Imports Intruder Mesh Cutting Glove, Large Now

Warning: Long and thorough review.

I have purchased one of the large Harold Imports Intruder Mesh Cutting Gloves and I do not feel safe with it at all. I bought the glove after my girlfriend cut herself pretty good while chopping onions in hopes that the glove would protect her and myself when working with knives. The following are my issues with the glove.

Issues:

It does not fit well on my hands or my girlfriend's hands. I do not have very large hands (cannot palm a basketball) and my girlfriend's hands are much smaller than mine yet the glove is too small around the hand yet too long in the fingers. An XL size would be better but the large size already has fingers that are too long.

The glove is made out of cheap plastic material. After putting on and pulling off of the glove a few times it is wearing at the seams of the fingers and the palm area of the thumb and is slowly coming apart. This is after about 5 uses. The picture does not look anything like the real thing. The glove and material is almost exactly like one of those plastic pot/pan scrubbing scourer things (search for "plastic mesh scourer" on Amazon to see what I mean).

I bought the glove mainly to protect our hands from a Mandoline slicer when slicing large or awkwardly shaped produce. I have used the glove with the Mandoline slicer twice now and do not recommend using the glove in this manner at all!!!! It is too cheaply made to expect that it will protect your hand from the Mandoline blade. I will not be using the glove for my Mandonline any more, its too risky so I will go back cutting all of my fruit and veggies to fit the little Mandoline holder and guard :(

I have no faith that this glove will protect anyone from a good knife when you must cut or chop large or firm produce such as big carrots, potatoes, or jicama. The amount of pressure one must apply to cut through a large carrot even with a good knife would probably cut right through this glove and into the bone of a finger or worse.

For hunters and fishermen, the glove is quiet thin and the mesh squares are a little to large to protect from poking your hands and skin with a fillet knife and/or a boning knife. Any knife that comes to a decent point will easily poke through the mesh of this glove.

Finally, I paid $15 for this glove and it is so cheaply made that it should have been about $3-$5 at most. The glove is way overpriced.

My Recommended Usage:

Use to cut or dice small or soft produce. If you are not applying a great amount of pressure at all then you run a low risk of cutting through the glove.

Works fine when using a knife that is not very pointed. The applications for a knife that does not come to a good point are generally those that will not cause one to drive the point into a hand anyhow.

Cutting deboned meat is no issue, but do not expect this to protect you from a cleaver. The glove will probably work for cutting and deboning a chicken but be wary of using the glove when cutting/deboning turkey or venison.

Overall:

The other reviews are surprisingly high for this item, but if you look at them they are basically working within my recommended usages. Once you want more from the glove you risk hurting yourself. I gave the glove 2 stars because it can be used by my girlfriend to cut tomatoes, celery, small onions, and other items that are not tough to cut. If not for the limited use on smaller softer items and her sense of security with those items (she doesn't cut anything tougher) this glove would get a 1 star due to the its limited range of use around my place. Actually if you want to buy the the glove for mostly chopping purposes search on Amazon for "Chef'n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper" to find a better/safer chopping option. For $5 more than this crappy glove you get a wonderful little workhorse of a chopper! Now that I own the food chopper, the glove doesn't even make it out of the drawer for chopping. Actually, I think I will ball the glove up and use it for a pot scrubber now.

I hope everyone finds this review helpful. Be safe in the kitchen :)

Read Best Reviews of Harold Imports Intruder Mesh Cutting Glove, Large Here

I purchased this product for my husband because he's always cutting his fingers while in the kitchen. IT WORKS!!! Thanks for such a great product.

Anna W. in Tx

Want Harold Imports Intruder Mesh Cutting Glove, Large Discount?

It fits both my large hand and my wife's hand comfortably. It not only protects your hand, but allows a firm, non-slip grip on the item being cut, especially onions. Gives me confidence when using a knife or mandoline. Price was right, too.

Save 27% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment