Great product!
Buy Chef's Choice Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener 430 for Serrated Knives Now
The sharpener is made of high quality rugged plastic & has a V shaped groove with great quality diamond abrasives to do the sharpening it is capable of.I have the other Chef's sharpener #432 for straight blades & it works fine.
The 32 cutting points on my 6" steak knives are 1/16" wide at the tip.
Basically 2 3/4" of my 6" steak knife is now sharp.
As the knife points wear away & become wider more of the total knife blade will be sharp.
Some of my good knives have 1 bevel & are asymetrical, off center.
I Will Not Use this sharpener on any single beveled knife period.
I Do Not Like the double sided diamond V groove for any knife other than double beveled knives, symmetrical, centered.
The V groove could be better if only 1 side of the V groove had diamonds.
I was however dissapointed that it only sharpens the points.
I'm also somewhat dissapointed that my serrated knife points will eventually wear away & become & or act more like a fine straight edge blade.
Theres a plus side when using this sharpener if you own cheap steak knives, it will help help reshape the knife points.
Quality steak knives have somewhat rounded points to avoid scratching your dinner plates.
After all what I really want after sharpening is a true genuine sharp serrated knife edge.
Most quality knives when brand new have both sharpened points & gullets or scallops in between the teeth.
Bottom line advice..
All knives & bevels should be re-sharpened / restored the way they were sharpened at the factory for the best cutting performance.
Read Best Reviews of Chef's Choice Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener 430 for Serrated Knives Here
It worked just as promised. I mainly used it on my steak knives and other kitchen knives. They are all much sharper now.Want Chef's Choice Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener 430 for Serrated Knives Discount?
It has a little guide on one side that helps keep the knife steady so the flat edge of serrated knives lies against it.You might think this sharpens the *whole* knife blade but it just sharpens the tips like any knife sharpener would do. Over time you will hone the serrations clean off.
I don't know that there is anything truly for serrated knives other than taking a fine tip on a dremel tool and doing each serration by hand.


0 comments:
Post a Comment