Joyce Chen 50-2001, 7-Piece Burnished Bamboo Knife Set and Block

Joyce Chen 50-2001, 7-Piece Burnished Bamboo Knife Set and BlockI did not buy from this seller, but in my set the handles ARE real Bamboo just like the block. The "Joyce Chen" is stamped deeply into the blades. All the blades have a nice hollow ground at edge.

No, these are not premium knives, but they are not bad at all.

The 8" Chinese knife weighs about 13 oz.

I use these in my home and enjoy them.

I agree they could have been sharper from the factory, but they are easily sharpen-able.

I have included pictures of my set.

I received this set and 3 of the 5 knives were not sharp at all. The 8" Chinese knife (cleaver) and 6" vegetable knife were reasonably sharp, but the three smaller knives were as dull as could be dangerously dull blades.

Also note that the knives included with this set are not of the same construction as the ho wood handled knives that Joyce Chen sells piecemeal. The knives with this set have very lightweight, hollow sounding handles made of bamboo or faux bamboo.

I was very disappointed with this set, especially considering the satisfaction I have had with other Joyce Chen products. I know it is not a premium priced cutlery set, but there is no excuse for the knives coming out of the factory already dull.

Buy Joyce Chen 50-2001, 7-Piece Burnished Bamboo Knife Set and Block Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment