Set of 5 Cheese Knives - Stainless Steel with Rosewood Handles

Set of 5 Cheese Knives - Stainless Steel with Rosewood HandlesThis set is beautifully constructed and appears to be made by Chicago Cutlery, which is the manufacturer of another set I own that is no longer being sold.

The blades are both sharp and sturdy. I have used the knives/cutters on different densities of cheeses and the right knife for the right cheese works perfectly. Among the cheese densities I have used them on are soft cheese (brie), medium (gorgonzola) and harder cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano). The spreader (second to the left in the photo above) is superb for mascarpone and spreads like cream cheese and herb style spreadable cheeses. The small fork in the set looks cool but I honestly have to say that I have never used it, nor have I witnessed any of my guests using it.

You definitely need to hand wash the knives and other tools. I fear that even one cycle in a dishwasher would damage them. They are easy to clean by hand so this requirement does not diminish their utility or value as far as I am concerned.

Overall, if you entertain or like me have a cheese addiction this set is great. I will disclose that I purchased my set locally and paid more than these are going for here. I also seem to collect cheese knife sets, so I have more than a few with which to compare this set and can attest that it's a value. Also, if you are a serious cheese connoisseur you may want this set plus Boska Holland Explore Cheese Set, which will add additional cutters to your arsenal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment