Chicago Cutlery Walnut Tradition 6-Inch Utility Knife

Chicago Cutlery Walnut Tradition 6-Inch Utility KnifeThis is, in my opinion, the best all-around kitchen knife you can buy. And is, to boot, one of the least expensive. Perfect hand fit, and the blade width and length are such that it is INCREDIBLY versatile. I use it to slice, de-bone, core, fillet, you name it. I can't think of another knife that you can use to core a small jalapeno pepper as well as slice prime rib. I've used mine daily since I got married almost 19 years ago.

Note: a high-end sous chef told me about 10 years ago that, if you pay 15 dollars for a knife, you are overpaying, and you only need two knives at most, a utility knife (like this one) and a bigger chef's knife for fine chopping veggies and smashing garlic. And then with a pair of squeeze tongs, a saute pan, a sauce pan, a stock pot, a collander, there's your kitchen, and you should pay no more than 100.00 total for all. And "You should actually pay less than 50.00 for the whole set because you should buy it all at a restaurant auction. Otherwise you're throwing yur money away."

This is a good knife for the price. To me it does not feel as balanced or precise as my 6 inch Henckels Four Star but then it is also a fraction of the price. The knife feels particularly appropriate for butchering meat.

Buy Chicago Cutlery Walnut Tradition 6-Inch Utility Knife Now

I've owned several Chicago Cutlery knives and have never had a complaint about any of them, of which most are still in use. This one is no exception. Appears very well built and a quality product. No complaints. I highly recommend it.

Read Best Reviews of Chicago Cutlery Walnut Tradition 6-Inch Utility Knife Here

Have been using my orignal knife set for 18 years. Couldn't ask for better. This one was for my daughter. When I visit I cook and can't stand not having great cutlery. A tip to all never put these in the dishwasher. It will ruin the walnut handles. Keep them oiled with whatever is available in the kitchen including bacon grease or olive oil. My grandfather used to oil his Saw blades with a fat meat skin from his smoke house. It worked

Want Chicago Cutlery Walnut Tradition 6-Inch Utility Knife Discount?

I've had this same knife for atleast 15 years. I have used this knife for just about anything in the kitchen. Since I am not living by myself anymore I had to buy 2 more just to be able to cut something. My original knife is still like new and I sharpen it myself often. As with all wooden handled knives, hand wash it, do not throw it in the dishwasher. The heat from the dishwasher also messes up the edge of the blade anyway. Also use cutting board oil or mineral oil on the handle once in a while so it does not dry out and crack. Chicago make good quality knives. I love this knife.

Save 28% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment