Le Creuset Stoneware Classic Oval Dish, Cherry, Set of 3

Le Creuset Stoneware Classic Oval Dish, Cherry, Set of 3I am apparently developing a bad Le Creuset habit (in multiple colors no less). I purchased a black rectangular dish (with a bonus mini dish that doesn't get used much because of the barbie-doll size) about 7 years ago. It got to the point where it was the only dish I wanted to use, so I went to a Le Creuset outlet a couple years back and found a purple set (one square, one oval) that was on a good clearance. When I finally had to pull out the Pyrex and Corning Ware and wipe the dust off before use (for a large Thanksgiving feast at my home last week), I decided it was time to get serious and have enough Le Creuset I can ditch the other stuff.

The Le Creuset:

1. Cooks food better, more evenly at a lower oven temperature.

2. Is a breeze to clean up when I'm finished cooking.

3. Is beautiful to use as a serving dish without having to transfer the food.

4. Keeps the food warmer much longer than the Pyrex or Corning Ware.

5. Lasts a lifetime. My mother bought her first pieces in 1982 and she is still using them at least weekly 30 years later. My seven year old black dish looks just as beautiful as the two year old purple one and both of those look as good as the red ones that arrived today.

I am going to keep a couple of French Corning Ware pieces with lids (just in case) until I can purchase a few Le Creuset cookware with lids. But I am happily going to donate my Pyrex pieces to a relative who hasn't had the privilege of using Le Creuset. Maybe after my set is complete, I will corrupt her with a gift of a Le Creuset baking dish of her own.

Great products, even for Christmas presents (which can be a dangerous choice). Really nice size selection and superb quality. Go for it!

Buy Le Creuset Stoneware Classic Oval Dish, Cherry, Set of 3 Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment