Wusthof Silverpoint II 7-Inch Hollow-Ground Santoku Knife

Wusthof Silverpoint II 7-Inch Hollow-Ground Santoku Knifea few things to consider 1. this is not the top shelf Wusthof, this is an economical line, and as such the quality is above most knives but if you are looking for the best break out you checkbook because they cost alot more. 2. You should use an asian blade sharpener for sharpening this and other asain style blades you have. the angles are different and the blades are thinner so it dulls more easily but also sharpens faster. 3. overall I love this knife and even though I have more expensive blades I reach for this one first. I use it everyday!

Know what you are buying and don't blame a product for not doing something it wasn't designed or intended to do. This blade is not a cleaver and it is not a can opener. Wusthof makes GREAT knives and this is an inexpensive way to get a great blade.

I was recently introduced to the Wusthof Santoku knife while visiting my daughter. It didn't take much time for me to use this as a "go to" knife while helping in the kitchen. I was so impressed with her Wusthof knives that she purchased with gift cards as wedding gifts (5 years ago) that I decided to treat myself to a set after 40 years of having misc. knives in my own kitchen. I purchased a block set of Wusthof Silverpoint 2 knives and added to my set this wonderful Santoku knife. The Silverpoint 2 knives are not as heavy as the standard Wusthof knives but I feel that they are equally good. I decided on these knives because the handles are comfortable to hold, they quality of the steel is good, and their weight (slightly lighter than the upgrade models) makes it a lot easier to spend time in the kitchen preparing meals without fatigue to wrists. I would not be afraid to buy these knives. I personally felt that they were so good I purchased a set as a gift and added the 7 inch Santoku knife to go with it.

Buy Wusthof Silverpoint II 7-Inch Hollow-Ground Santoku Knife Now

I purchased this product from Amazon. I appreciate the free shipping offer.

I absolutely love this knife. I have other knives, but this is the one I use most of the time. I like the way it feels in my hand. It is a good fit in that regard and it the lenght of it is perfect for me. I love it for chopping up veggies and meat.

Watch out, however, it is very sharp. I accidentally cut my finger slightly with it because I was careless. You don't want to be unattentive while using this knife.

I would highly recommend it as a gift for yourself or another.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Silverpoint II 7-Inch Hollow-Ground Santoku Knife Here

I think reviewer Pam from Nebraska perhaps clicked the wrong star rating since her text provides a glowing review, with which I agree, but her star rating is a one! This knife is razor sharp and makes mundane salad ingredient chopping easy and fun. One side benefit is that the knife is also adept at slicing cheese. I own the Wusthof Classic 3.5 inch paring knife and this Silverpoint seems sharper, although its size makes it a little less maneuverable. Great knife at a very reasonable price compared to other similar Wusthof models. Highly recommended!

Want Wusthof Silverpoint II 7-Inch Hollow-Ground Santoku Knife Discount?

This knife comes shaving-sharp, and the steel will hold an excellent edge, but it's nothing like the solid, forged knives Wusthof is known for. The blade is thin, light (4 oz/113g), and clearly stamped; if you expect the heft and durability of the look-alike Grand Prix II, you will be sorely disappointed. The handle is lightweight plastic, which was brittle enough to chip slightly in shipping. The blade-heavy balance leads me to believe the knife uses a small rat-tail tang, which means the handle may crack and separate from the blade.

This is definitely a cut above the cheap stainless knives which plague many home kitchens; the razor-sharp edge and quality X50CrOMoV15 steel merits 3 stars, but the Victorinox 47529 Fibrox 7-Inch Granton Edge Santoku Knife is a much better buy. Both use stamped blades and plastic handles, but the Victorinox knifes are full-tang, and the plastic used in the handles is denser, more durable, and grippier. Finally, the Victorinox knives have excellent balance, and can survive a remarkable amount of abuse in professional kitchens.

In comparison, the Wusthof Silverpoint II product line comes off looking shoddy... and at a slightly higher price, to boot!

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment