Victorinox Cutlery 9-Inch Wavy Edge Bread Knife, Black Polypropylene Handle

Victorinox Cutlery 9-Inch Wavy Edge Bread Knife, Black Polypropylene HandleBefore I bought, I read a lot of Amazon reviews on the 10.25 inch Victorinox 47547. I have an old, 8" Chicago Cutlery bread knife that is kinda dull. I wanted a new bread knife, and I thought I wanted a longer blade. Two things in those otherwise great reviews caught my attention: the blade "was not too rigid," and it "was sharpened on only one side." (The reviewers said the knife being sharpened on only one side would cause the blade to drift offline during a cut--and I thought I was a perfectionist!). This "offline" complaint drove me to seriously consider the Wustoff (the $126 model--so I wouldn't have to put up with those aggravating offline cuts). But before I spent that much money, I went to see one at a local store. Lo and behold, the Wustoff blade--the $126 one--is sharpened on only one side! (My guess is, all wavy-edge, serrated knife blades are sharpened this way... so much for perfect cuts.) Once I found out about one-sided sharpening on all the blades I was considering, the $26 Victorinox models were looking very good. Because I've noticed that my knuckles get in the way when I slice, I ended up getting the Victorinox 9-Inch Wavy Edge Bread Knife, with the offset handle. Its blade is plenty thick and stiff, and very sharp. I now enjoy slicing bread without having to manipulate a straight knife because of my knuckles. And, at this price, I can afford to buy a new knife every time one gets dull. PS: My freehand, thin bread slices are an even thickness from top-to-bottom and side-to-side.

Six Months Later: for the first time I used the knife on something other than bread, a raw potato. Lo and behold, the blade does drift offline as you cut, it pushes away from the sharpened side. Can't imagine where this is a big deal (I didn't really notice it slicing bread), and it seems to be able to be controlled if you try.

It's the best I've ever owned. The Z shape helps keeping your knucles off of the cutting board and the blade can handle any job with maestry!

Buy Victorinox Cutlery 9-Inch Wavy Edge Bread Knife, Black Polypropylene Handle Now

This knife cuts like its more famous sibling, the R H. Forschner by Victorinox 10-1/4-Inch Curved Blade Bread Knife. I happen to like how the other performs, so I later bought this offset, slightly shorter bread knife and brought it to my workplace for cutting sandwiches and bread. The blade obviously does not have the heft of (way) more expensive bread knives, and it can flex a bit, but its performance is definitely a tremendous step up from the similarly priced one that my coworkers and I had been using previously at work.

Read Best Reviews of Victorinox Cutlery 9-Inch Wavy Edge Bread Knife, Black Polypropylene Handle Here

I buy a lot of freshly baked bread and find that having a good bread knife is a must. For me this knife has the trifecta: It is well balanced, has a comfortable grip, and slices effortlessly. I also really like the raised handle as it makes it easier for me to cut slices of bread with an even thickness. Victorinox has a reputation for making high quality knives at a good price and this offering does not disappoint.

Want Victorinox Cutlery 9-Inch Wavy Edge Bread Knife, Black Polypropylene Handle Discount?

This knife make bread slicing easy. It cuts through the bread like butter. Good value for money. Would definitely recommend this knife.

Save 12% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment