Victorinox 48042 Cutlery 3-Piece Paring Knife Set

Victorinox 48042 Cutlery 3-Piece Paring Knife SetI almost didn't buy this set because I figured I'd have no use for a gimmicky curved knife and a serrated blade, I only wanted the normal paring knife, but the set was only a little bit more expensive than an individual paring knife. As it turns out I use the curved knife more than any other knife I own, and the serrated one more than the normal paring knifeI was fully prepared to hide those two knives in the back of my drawer and never look at them again, but they are really great. I'm sure you can get better knives somewhere, but not at anything remotely close to this price. I am pretty picky about knives, and Forschner's are definitely the best I have used. I also strongly recommend the 8 inch chefs knife. I guess the best way to sum up my feelings about these (and the 8 inch chef's knife) is that I would have happily paid 4 or 5 times what they cost.

I've ordered this set and other Foschner knives and I highly recommend them.

They are reasonably priced, keep their edge, and are balanced.

I think they are better than my high-priced, over-rated Henckels knives.

It's great to find a reasonably-priced quality product.

Buy Victorinox 48042 Cutlery 3-Piece Paring Knife Set Now

This is a wonderful, very sharp, set of knives... perfect for cutting up anything from deli meats to put in a salad to veggies, etcc... Wash in the dishwasher... great price... Watch when handling... they are sharp

Read Best Reviews of Victorinox 48042 Cutlery 3-Piece Paring Knife Set Here

I purchased these on somewhat of a whim as my older paring knives were getting worn. They have quickly become the first knives I reach for. The varied selection fulfill most of my daily needs. They are sharp and lightweight which is especially handy for a woman. I'm very satisfied with my purchase and it didn't "break the bank". I think they will sharpen easily when needed and last for many, many years.

10/09I've used these knives now for over a year and they sharpen up quickly and easily with this handy little sharpener: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002JENO8/ref=cm_rdp_product I am very happy with both of these purchases and recommend them.

3/11I still have and use these knives daily. They hold their sharpness quite well for my needs, (though I am not a professional chef), and are very comfortable to use for me. I am an average sized, middle 50's woman, and use these knives for a multitude of tasks.

Want Victorinox 48042 Cutlery 3-Piece Paring Knife Set Discount?

The standard paring knife included here is wonderful. It's thin, lightweight, flexible, and sharp. It slides through vegetables as easily as it does through butter. It neatly conforms to the contours of what you're cutting, if you so desire. I cored some tomatoes last night, and didn't have any issues. Great, too, for mincing garlic.

Honestly, I haven't really found much use for the other two knives in this package, as they're specialty knives, and I don't do a whole lot of the peeling which they're useful for. The normal paring knife is fine for most non-peeling sorts of tasks.

But, for $10, you're not going to find a better paring knife. The only way you're going to get something better is to spend four or five times as much, and I'd rather just buy a new one of these every few years (under heavy use). (As another reviewer said, they're quite thin, so sharpening would be a pain -I haven't had to do so, yet.)

Save 41% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment