Wusthof Classic 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife

Wusthof Classic 3-1/2-Inch Paring KnifeThis knife is good for everything from mincing herbs to slicing fruit to filleting small fish it even makes a pretty good steak knife. I finally broke down and bought a second one, so my mate and I can cook together without fighting over it.

Like all the knives in the Wusthof Classic line, this knife is fully tanged and bolstered. The tang extends into the handle and offsets the weight of the blade, and the bolster sits on your index finger to provide the fulcrum point. The result is a knife that is remarkably responsive and balanced. Some reviewers prefer the larger utility knife to this 3.5 inch parer. This knife is lighter and shorter, and therefore provides a balance point that is more comfortable for a smaller hand.

If you want the full arsenal of Wusthof prep knives, get the bird's-beak parer for digging the eyes out of potatoes and the stems out of peppers, get the serrated utility knife for slicing citrus and tomatoes, get the trimming knife for cutting off stems and boo-boos, and get the utility or boning knife for for slicing and meat prep. But if you just want to buy one, get this one.

I strongly advise people to get GOOD knives. You don't end up with a drawer of junk, and you will grab for this one probably more than any other in the kitchen. This is my workhorse, and I love Wusthof knives. I've had a set for 20 years, and only replaced my paring knife because it was missing from my set after a move. I do everything with this, peel vegetables, cut dice, slice or dice onions.

Buy Wusthof Classic 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife Now

I received this paring knife (included in the course fee) when I took a Wusthof knife skills course at a local shop. It's everything a knife should be sharp, solid, well-balanced, and a comfortable fit in the hand. Wusthof got the proportions of the classic-style handle about right; not too fine, not too chunky... just right for comfort and control. After the course I gave it to my mother, who was surprised at its sharpness. (I already owned a Henckels Pro-S 3" paring knife, which has a slightly longer handle... IMO the two knives are similar in quality.)

This is also the knife that inspired a friend who finally bought one to exclaim, "I'm surprised you didn't say, 'You call that a knife????? THIS is a knife!' when you were using my (old, stamped, serrated) knives!" She now understands my addiction to forged German steel.

As always, it's best to try several knives in person and see how they fit your hand before buying, but it would be hard to go wrong with this one.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Classic 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife Here

Undoubtedly the most often used knife in my kitchen, and the one I absolutely cannot do without. The Wusthof Classic paring knife has a 3-1/2-inch blade that's perfect for small cutting jobs and peeling. (It's pointed tip pops eyes out of potatoes!)

Whether slicing lemons, quartering an apple, or taking a nibble from our favorite cheese block, this is always the knife I reach for. It's quality is unsurpassable--it's forged to precision and perfectly balanced.

Wusthof has been producing quality cutlery for almost 200 years--it's a product you can rely on!

Want Wusthof Classic 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife Discount?

Having already owned two of the larger Wustof Classic knives it wasn't a difficult decision to buy this one when the price came down to $29.

After buying some hard beets at the farmers market I grabbed a knife from a good enough set, took one slice then remembered this new knife was in the drawer. The difference in slicing between a good enough knife and this one was the difference between good enough and outstanding.

Save 40% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment