Mac Knife Chef Series Slicing Chef's Knife, 8-1/2-Inch

Mac Knife Chef Series Slicing Chef's Knife, 8-1/2-InchI love knifes.

This MAC is the first MAC I bought and it's awesome. It's very very light and one of the "go to" knives my finace grabs. The blade is very thin, allowing it to make quick work of dicing onions, cutting vegetables and mincing herbs. Personally, I never use any of my japonese knives for boning chicken, smashing garlic or any other "rough" use, but this knife is great for everything else.

I have maybe 12+ knives at home from my japanese collectoin (global, miyabi, shun) to my western knives (henckel, wusthof, etc...). From my 5" santoku to my 10" chef, I mix and match based on my mood and what I'm cutting. I grab this one often for vegetables and slicing cooked steaks (no bones).

Strengths:

1) Super sharp

2) Super light

3) Great price point

4) Hard metal (holds edge well for such a thin blade)

Weaknesses:

1) Angle of blade is not western, probably closer to 16-degrees so you need to sharpen accordingly. Additionally, most honing rods might not be hard enough to hone this strong metal. (Note: I don't know how hard this metal is);

2) Not advised (personally) for frozen items or anything hard as the blade is thin.

I gave this as a gift to my partner, and he treasures it. It keeps an edge really well, handles very well. feels great in the hand.

Buy Mac Knife Chef Series Slicing Chef's Knife, 8-1/2-Inch Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment