Dexter-Russell SG163-9SC 9" Serrated Offset Slicer, Sofgrip Handle

Dexter-Russell SG163-9SC 9' Serrated Offset Slicer, Sofgrip HandleThis knife has stayed sharp and continues to work well now for over 4 years. Good size, light, easy to use. Cuts through soft bread and a hard crust equally well.

Dexter Russell (DR) is hands down the best manufacturer of kitchen cutlery for the money. I have been using DR knives for over 15 years, at home and working in a restaurant. They exceed the quality of much more expensive knives. You cannot go wrong with this knife or other DR products. I no longer buy any other knife brands for my kitchen.

Buy Dexter-Russell SG163-9SC 9" Serrated Offset Slicer, Sofgrip Handle Now

The knife seems to be well made and the weight is good. The handle is of a material that makes it easy to hold. That being said it has a big basic problem. It won't cut in a strait line. Because of the fact it is only ground on one side of the blade or because of the way it's forged/hammered it rolls to the right (clockwise) when you cut firm thick items. I've tried it on grapefruit a dozen times and it cuts fast and clean but you have to force it by applying a left or (anti/counter clockwise) pressure to make it cut the same thickness at the top of the slice as the bottom. If you don't do this by the time you get to the bottom it will be half again as thick as the top. I find that to be a problem.

It works fine for bread and less dense items or smaller things. but something the size of a grapefruit or a roast and forget it. It looks like a 3 year old cut the stuff up.

It is so sharp that I got careless once when I was not wearing my kevlar glove and I cut myself. It cut so clean I didn't even know it until I saw a bunch of blood that didn't belong.

So pros: Good materials and very sharp.

cons: Won't cut strait.

Read Best Reviews of Dexter-Russell SG163-9SC 9" Serrated Offset Slicer, Sofgrip Handle Here

You want a knife that slices both bread and any other food buy this. Excellent handle as well.

Want Dexter-Russell SG163-9SC 9" Serrated Offset Slicer, Sofgrip Handle Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment