Global GS-10 - 5 1/2 inch, 14cm Cheese Knife

Global GS-10 - 5 1/2 inch, 14cm Cheese KnifeThe idea of a cheese knife with "holes" in the blade is to reduce the friction as one slices cheese, thus ensuring consistant slices, without the cheese crumbling or falling apart. This Global knife delivers admirabley to the task. Indeed, the design best fits hard cheeses, and Global have (imho) the best knife for this, period. Our old "stamped" knife bends and is awkward (dangerous) on hard cheeses.

For soft cheeses, this may not be the best knife, probably a knife such as one would use for pate would be best. But, it is the penultimate for soft cheeses, and the best all round cheese knife my wife and I have ever experienced. We never regret the purchase.

This beautiful Global knife comprises all distinctiveness of that great brand, including the price though ...

It is great for semi-hard and hard cheeses (although I would not strongly recommend it for Parmesan cheese, despite that it worked fine for me, since Wustohof parmesan cheese knife is appreciably more efficient for that purpose). Don't pay much attention on those that tell You advices such as that other [less expensive] imitations with similar shape would do the same job (I tried several of those prior I got Global). On the other hand, don't expect this knife to do a good job for soft cheeses.

Global knifes need a tad amount of attention and care, and in return beside superb design and balance (of course, which is an individual thing) are very thankful and durable. So if You are not cheese addict and prepared to give this knife care that it needs, then rather buy something else (cheaper that You can toast and replace after short time) but of course, You won't know what You are missing ...

Buy Global GS-10 - 5 1/2 inch, 14cm Cheese Knife Now

This knife is great for hard cheeses, I can cut them without the slices crumbling to pieces. It feels very comfortable and sturdy in my hand like my other Global knife. The blade has a serrated edge so you will not be able to sharpen it easily, but if you only use it for cheese, it should stay sharp for a long time. This is another beautiful Global knife.

Read Best Reviews of Global GS-10 - 5 1/2 inch, 14cm Cheese Knife Here

This is a great knife for hard and soft cheeses. It has a good grip and comfortable design. My wife was skeptic about it but when she used it she immediately told me to order an additional one as a gift for her parents because they are cheese lovers too. Some people complain that the knife will make a second cut after the middle holes pass through but this will not happen if you make a straight cut. Strong knife, it doesn't bend easily, I have even cut through old Parmigianos, still you have to apply some force but it will feel very secure.

Want Global GS-10 - 5 1/2 inch, 14cm Cheese Knife Discount?

This is my second purchase of this knife. I got one for myself in the summer and just bought another for my parents for Christmas. I have tried to find a flaw with this knife, but there is none. It cuts hard cheese like asiago and soft like brie or fontina. I use four knife in my kitchen. My chef's, vegetable, cheese and paring knife (ALL GLOBAL). I am definately not a cheese connoisseur but I will say this will be the last cheese knife I might ever need to buy.

Save $0.05 Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment