Black & Decker EC475B Extra-Tall Electric Can Opener, Black

Black & Decker EC475B Extra-Tall Electric Can Opener, BlackPositive it runs very smooth and opens beautifully when it works, for maybe 9-12 months, just long enough to get past the warranty. Does open large cans easily, again, when it works. Negatives -must be more plastic gears, it works great but will not shut off even after can is removed. You have to unplug and wait. Very annoying when making a large pot of chili, etc., when there are 8-10 cans to be opened. Also, will not open, it NEVER did, small cans of tomato paste, I have to get out the crank opener. The small can just will not puncture and turn. Would NOT purchase again, would not recommend.

Cheap, cheap, cheap!!! The magnet won't stay on the opener and I end up with both it and the top INSIDE the can of food. Huh? Also won't stop running sometimes, even after the can is opened. Don't waste your money....

Buy Black & Decker EC475B Extra-Tall Electric Can Opener, Black Now

I absolutely hate this beast in my kitchen! So why have I put up with it for over two years? I need to have my head examined! I'm getting better though, as I'm on Amazon tonight browsing for a new can opener, and you can be sure it won't be another Black and Decker. I think they should stick to making tools for the handyman and forget appliances. We had a B &D toaster oven several years back that performed almost as miserably as this can opener.

On the positive side it does have a nice sleek design and looks good on the kitchen counter. The knife sharpener is a good feature and does work. The "one touch" idea would be great if only the can would stay in the cutter. Ditto for the "tall can" idea. Great, but the cans keep falling out. Very few cans of any size have ever stayed in and gone completely around. In order to even start, one must peel the label from the can first or it gets chewed up and causes a wad of paper at the cutter which in turn also causes the can to slip out. Other times this "beast" is a tease and only partially opens a can. You wind up with 3 or 4 cuts in the lid and the can opener cannot be persuaded to go around again and cut through completely.

I agree with the reviewer who wanted a minus star to rate this with, except I would like about minus 5! If you see this appliance in a store, run the other way. Do NOT waste your hard earned dollars on a purchase.

Read Best Reviews of Black & Decker EC475B Extra-Tall Electric Can Opener, Black Here

The Black and Decker EC475B makes a really sleek door stop. Even on days when the house is open, and a breeze wafts through, it has never failed to hold the door in place. I'd suggest removing the cutting head to improve the symmetry--it is of no particular use anyway and can be discarded.

For those wanting to open cans, I now use an EKCO Magic Glide C-865, one from my parents' estate, found in the "junk drawer" in their kitchen. It is the long handled version of what many campers use and has never failed, unlike "electric can openers" that seldom work, foisted off on unsuspecting buyers in mega-stores. Yes, the Ekco Magic Glide C-865 is an antique, available on EBay for around $16 + shipping. But since it is just a basic tool you might want to pick up a brand new Ekco hand-held can opener at the gadget aisle of your grocery store for under $3, or a fancy model of it for under $10. Or, if electric "pre-doorstop" models still call to you, maybe keep searching Amazon reviews for one less of a turkey.

Want Black & Decker EC475B Extra-Tall Electric Can Opener, Black Discount?

I made the mistake of purchasing a second black and decker can opener after I threw the first one in the garbage! The second one would not open a can either..... so guess where it is going!

This experience has made a believer out of me.... once fooled shame on you...twice fooled shame on me. Black and Decker will NEVER get another penny of my money.

If I could give this product a minus star I certainly would!

0 comments:

Post a Comment