YOSHIHIRO- Shiroko-Kasumi Yanagi Sashimi Chef Knife 11.7" 300mm -MADE IN JAPAN

YOSHIHIRO- Shiroko-Kasumi Yanagi Sashimi Chef Knife 11.7' 300mm -MADE IN JAPANOrdered this knife about 4 months ago as I wanted to get more into sushi making, and I needed a more traditional knife for fish slicing. As yanagiba's can range in price as much as a cheap used car ($3,000+), most would probably consider this a starter knife. The quality is fantastic. The blade is rock hard, beautifully finished, and straight as an arrow. It comes very securely packaged in it's own decorative box, with foam pads inside to secure it even more. The wooden sheath that comes with it fits like a glove, and is finished extremely well also. This comes direct from the company VERY SHARP. Especially at a 300mm length (the blade alone is nearly a foot long), you HAVE to be very careful when learning how to properly wield a knife like this. The first time I cut sashimi with it, I sliced my finger in a split second. Since then, I've had more practice with it so that doesn't happen anymore. Also since then, I've sharpened it on a #6000 grit japanese whetstone to a MIRROR finish, and now it's BEYOND razor sharp. That's the thing, it might not be the most expensive yanagi, but sharpened correctly, and this thing becomes scary sharp. It GLIDES through any type of fish, there's no pressure required. Just start the cut and pull the knife back. Overall, I'm very happy with it, and I hope it lasts many years in my care.

Save 17% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment