Rada Cutlery Starter Set, 7 Pc Boxed Gift Set, Made in USA

Rada Cutlery Starter Set, 7 Pc Boxed Gift Set, Made in USA, Aluminum HandlesFancy an all-metal set of knives? Tired of cheaply made knife sets made from crappy steel? Is made in America important to you? Not impressed with the cuts you get from "permanent edge" knives?

This set of Rada knives is made in Iowa, and has a knife or tool for almost any task the ordinary cook will face. It feels a little light in the hand at first because the handle is aluminum but the balance is right on. The handle also has a "brushed" finish which helps with the grip

I would definitely recommend this set, and also the "steel wheels" sharpener, which really simplifies a task I've always had difficulty with.

It is shipped in a box that is nice for gift giving and storage.

My husband loves to cook so I purchased this set of Rada (Made in USA) Knives for him. These are absolutely the best knives we've ever used. The Cook's Knife is our absolute favorite and Rada makes the sharpest and best veggie peeler I've ever seen. These knives are truly amazing to have such a low price point. Anyone who is a chef or who loves to cook would be amazed at the sharpness of these knives. Please be careful with them though, because they are like razor blades. I'm surprised the folks at the Food Network haven't talked about these knives.

The knives are very, very lightweight, but they do the job! The Rada Company is very impressive, to be able to make such a quality product at such a low price. It's also nice to buy a product that's actually Made in America instead of Made in China.

Buy Rada Cutlery Starter Set, 7 Pc Boxed Gift Set, Made in USA Now

I can't believe the superb quality of these knives. My first piece of Rada cutlery was the short bread knife, which I bought from an online retailer known for selling only the best cook's equipment. I did wonder, though, how a good knife could cost so little compared to the cost of the big-brand-name knives. Well, I was so impressed with the precision slices the bread knife made that I decided to buy from Amazon.com the 7-piece starter set, the 7-piece starter set part 2, the French chef's knife, the chef's dicer, the carver boner, the large bread knife, and the sharpener. Now my whole kitchen is Rada knives, and I have every knife I ever need. Rada knives are the only ones I use now. The knives are extremely sharp and cut with precision. (I have cut myself a couple of times as I get accustomed to the sharpness.) They are light but feel solid in the hand. The brushed aluminum handles give a good grip and look good, too. I also like that they are made in the USA. This is the best purchase I have made in a long time!

Read Best Reviews of Rada Cutlery Starter Set, 7 Pc Boxed Gift Set, Made in USA Here

This knife set has confused me every since it arrived.

I really wanted to like this knife set more. They do cut nicely, but I just don't know. I wish Amazon had half-star increments, as I would have put this at 3.5.

Too start off with, I was under-impressed when they arrived. I don't know if is just Rada's new handles, as I haven't used their standard aluminum ones, but to be blunt they look like something bought from a "dollar store." This led to me thinking, "I have been had..." They just look so cheap. Small, thin handles do nothing to help them out. These things aren't something I want to display on my counter, they will stay in their box, hidden in a drawer. After using them I really would like larger handles for my long hands.

Now I will say they are anything but blunt they are very sharp and cut much better than my previous knives. It was a night and day difference between my old knives, which even after sharping were nowhere near these Radas.

Well to finish off, here are my pros and cons:

Pros:

Made in USA (Huge for me)

Nice variety in this starter set

Very sharp

Cons:

Aesthetics

Ergonomics

I like my random vegetable peeler much better than this Rada, it's too small and when peeling potatoes, constantly left pieces in the blades which prevented peeling without pulling out the peels with my hand. This will be a backup.

I am glad I purchased them, but I was expecting a little more out of them. I know my review sounds more on the negative side, but they do cut very well and they are U.S. made, which I feel is important in our current economy.

Want Rada Cutlery Starter Set, 7 Pc Boxed Gift Set, Made in USA Discount?

I own Henckels, Sabatier, Wusthof, Shun and Chicago Cutlery knives. They are all good but the best blade--up to now--was the Shun. That was up to now. Since buying the Rada knives, we simply don't use the others. The blades sharpen literally to a razor edge, they hold that edge and if they dull a little, they hone nicely and easily to recover their sharpness. I have not used the Rada sharpener, so I can't attest to how well it works. We use a sharpening steel, which works wonders. I simply can't believe the value of these knives! All of the others we own are top shelf, not the cheap consumer versions, and these blew them away. The German and Japanese knives each cost more than twice what this entire set cost. I feel like a fool for spending that kind of money on those knives. Why don't people know about this company? The knives are just amazing. We bought them because my wife had a Rada pairing knife inherited by her mother, which we loved but which was accidentally thrown away by a houseguest. When I went looking of an "aluminum handle" knife (I did not know the Rada name), I found these and they were so reasonably priced I bought a set. Best value purchase I have made in years. Try them and you won't believe it; you simply won't believe how fantastic these are.

Save 53% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment