Mundial W5621-10 10-Inch Curved Micro-Serrated Edge Bread Knife, White

Mundial W5621-10 10-Inch  Curved Micro-Serrated Edge Bread Knife, WhiteI bake incredible loaves of bread three times a week in a cast iron dutch oven. The loaves are nearly 10 inches in diameter with a crispy crust and a moist interior. This incredible knife will cut these big loaves of bread even when they are still too hot to touch from the oven. A room temperature loaf can be sliced 1/4" thick which makes a see through slice. Hard crust, soft crust no matter what crust or interior, this knife slices bread like it was butter. The blade has micro serrations and larger serrations and is curved perfectly for slicing bread. This amazing Mundail knife has a large handle, sized to fit a man's large hand. The handle looks big and my wife complained about how big the handle was UNTIL she cut her first slice of bread. It instantly became "her" bread knife, the result of one slice. My wife would never have purchased this knife due to the lack of a wooden handle and no made in Germany etching. As for me, I would by this knife again even if it only came in pink. LOL Five other bread knives, all way more expensive, have now been retired permanently. What a slicer!

This one is going back. It had just a few reviews, though they were positive so I gave it a try. I wanted to like this knife, but I just can't. The handle is fine, the blade material is even fine, but the fundamental design is flawed. If it weren't advertised as a bread knife, it might even be fine. If you buy this for bread slicing though, you'll be disappointed. The pictures don't reflect it, and the "micro-serrated edge" is misleading. This knife is fairly thick for bread slicing, and the poor edge design more rips and tears than slices cleanly.

Their definition of micro-serrated is that one side of the blade has serrations (which feel more like protrusions from the edge, rather than being inset and ground into the blade) with scallops on the other edge. This causes your nice soft loaf of bread to be ripped and shredded, not a clean swift slice at all.

I was expecting it to have scallops on both sides, or even just one side with smaller serrations or scallops within each larger scallop on the edge. This was not the case, leading it to be thicker than it should be (makes lots of crumbs).

I've always used the forschner/victorinox scallped bread knives as my every day tool for slicing breads and pastries, and many other tasks. The mundial was a disappointment and will be returned to amazon, in favor of another victronox.

Buy Mundial W5621-10 10-Inch Curved Micro-Serrated Edge Bread Knife, White Now

I got this as a present many years ago. I am not an expert in knifes but I found this knife excellent for cutting bread, flawless! I only use it on bread, hand wash it and it still performs and looks like new.

Read Best Reviews of Mundial W5621-10 10-Inch Curved Micro-Serrated Edge Bread Knife, White Here

I have purchased a number of these knives made by Mundial and have not been disappointed. They sharpen easily and are pleasing to look at. This knife is serrated of course and I doubt I will ever need to sharpen it to slice bread.

Want Mundial W5621-10 10-Inch Curved Micro-Serrated Edge Bread Knife, White Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment