The Ultimate Edge Model 10NUF 10-Inch Oval Ultra Fine Diamond Finishing Steel

The Ultimate Edge Model 10NUF 10-Inch Oval Ultra Fine Diamond Finishing SteelThere isn't much you can say about a sharpening steel. It sharpens well, and is extremely fine for keeping already sharp blades at their sharpest. The handle is ugly gray plastic, but it seems solidly put together, and is easy to work with.

Edited 12/31/2011: My son has finished his apprenticeship, and he is now the head butcher in our local grocery store. He still uses this to sharpen his best knives.

My son is apprenticing under the tutelage of a butcher, and his mentor recommended an oval sharpener. My son says it works well for sharpening the knives he uses during his workday.

Buy The Ultimate Edge Model 10NUF 10-Inch Oval Ultra Fine Diamond Finishing Steel Now

This is an excellent tool. However you need to start with a nearly perfect blade. If you start with an unsharp blade this fine tool will be unable to help. You should use a regular steel or even better a more coarse sharpening stone/steel then follow by this for final honing.

It does give a really fine edge to knives and the few that are sharp enough to take it in my house really show a difference in use against typically difficult items like mincing really fine onion.

Read Best Reviews of The Ultimate Edge Model 10NUF 10-Inch Oval Ultra Fine Diamond Finishing Steel Here

Have purchased several of these and they do the job well enough to keep my knives with an edge. Recommend putting every knife to steel regularly, finishing with this item.

Want The Ultimate Edge Model 10NUF 10-Inch Oval Ultra Fine Diamond Finishing Steel Discount?

First the good....this rod keeps my edges like razors.

The bad....

I was somewhat disappointed with the quality of the materials used in construction....everything from the plastic used in the handle to the grit itself. The entire piece just feels flimsy in your hand and i feel like if it slipped away from me and hit a hard floor it might break. The abrasive surface does an excellent job on my blades but for what little I use this piece, I already feel like it is wearing out and don't expect this tool to last long. And no...I don't abuse it when I use it.

I don't want to be too negative. This rod does do a good job, there just might be better out there. It looks a little out of place in a block of high quality blades and will probably wear out sooner than you wish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment