YOSHIHIRO- Japanese Sushi Chef Kasumi Knife 3p Set

YOSHIHIRO- Japanese Sushi Chef Kasumi Knife 3p SetI bought a sushi knife a few years ago. It did not come with any instruction and the knife was stained quickly.

But this time, the Yoshihiro set comes with full instruction. Not only that, when I called the company, the person gave me a lot of extra helpful back ground information, not only on the knife, but also on the sheath. I am looking forward of slicing the geoduck sashimi pretty soon !

These arrived just in time for the annual New Year's Day feast preparation.

The Deba was not used, but the yanagi made short work of turning a maguro loin

into sashimi, once my son found that the pull method created finer slices that the western push of the knife blade.

The Tokyo-style Nakiri Usuba has the sharpness and weight to make julienning root vegitables an easy chore.

Cucumbers fell to fine matchsticks under the nakiri.

These are a fine set for non-professionals or novices, and one of my lucky sons has a set coming his way.

Buy YOSHIHIRO- Japanese Sushi Chef Kasumi Knife 3p Set Now

I'm not a professional chef, just a guy who loves to cook at home. I've been wanting some good knives and I just didn't like the Henckels and Whustofs. I checked out Shun's at Williams-Sonoma and I liked the feel, so I started looking at the Japanese knives. I've never owned any before and I did a fair amount of research (blade types, material, handles, western vs traditional etc..) and decided on the Yoshiro, simply because of the set. What can I say? The knives were delivered in 2 days (I did not pick expedited shipping) and right out of the box, razor sharp (maybe Japanese knife afficionados might not think so, they all seem to think knives need work. Maybe they are right....). I spent an hour cutting vegetables and meats. Paper thin carrots and celery. Minced ham, sausage cut really thin. I read a review from another "newbie" to traditional Japanese single bevel knives and she said that there would be a learning curve. I agree. Cuts on the meat were a little tough to get straight, but by the time I was done, I was starting to get some nice, thin, straight cuts. If you have never held a deba before, it is a very heavy knife. Because of it's heft, it went straight through meat and veggies. I compared to my Henckels chef and santoku... no comparison. The deba seemed effortless. I'll update again, after some use.

Read Best Reviews of YOSHIHIRO- Japanese Sushi Chef Kasumi Knife 3p Set Here

These knives are amazing! Superb quality and razor sharp right out of the box! SUPER fast shipping and hands down the best knives ive ever owned!!!

Want YOSHIHIRO- Japanese Sushi Chef Kasumi Knife 3p Set Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment