Wusthof Silverpoint II 2-Piece Santoku Knife and Sharpener Set

Wusthof Silverpoint II 2-Piece Santoku Knife and Sharpener SetI have the full set of Wusthof Classic knives and they are everything you would expect of a top flight set. The Wusthof Silverpoint II santoku is an interesting oddity. The blade is similar (mabye even the same) as the Classic but the handle is lightweight, not a full length tang, not nearly as comfortable and a little cheap feeling. But for about the quarter of the price of the Classic, it has its uses.

The sharpener is designed specifically for the angle of the santoku and does a credable job of keeping the knife sharp. I don't believe that it would be able to restore a badly dulled knife however. (You shouldn't let your knives get "badly dulled" anyway, but it can happen.)

So, not bad for the price as maybe a starter piece (with its good blade). My best recommendation, however, is to go with the best (Wusthof Classic), even if its only one knife at a time.

I'm a bit of a knife enthusiast and I bought this for my girlfriend's parents. At the price point I had my doubts about the quality but was pleasantly surprised when I was able to cut tomatoes paper thin. This knife is ridiculous. I'm going to buy one for myself now. The sharpener is a nice addition.

Buy Wusthof Silverpoint II 2-Piece Santoku Knife and Sharpener Set Now

In spite of buying the line of Wustohf's Grand Prix II, I added the Silverpoint model Santoku and I am delighted with this knife. His versatility is amazing, can be used as cutter of meat or as creaser of onions. Very practical in the kitchen, especially for his light weight since it does not become weighed at the moment of puncturing vegetables and has the same quality of the lines mas costly of Wustohf.The sharpener is very practical.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Silverpoint II 2-Piece Santoku Knife and Sharpener Set Here

I am a well -weathered Mediterranean cook, having being a part of the Mooswood restaurant Collective in Ithaca NY in their earlier years. I only use fresh produce in my cooking necessitating using of good quality cutlery to for dicing,chopping ,cutting, cubing, etc.

Over the years, I have tried may knifes, brand names and otherwise, finding most either awkward,or not sharp enough.

I recently purchased this Santoku knife through Amazon.com, and so far I find it to be the best in smooth operation,handling and sharpness. I am not so sure how often i would need to sharpen it, I am a bit concerned about using the sharpener fearing to damage my knife. I would have wanted to knon, before I bought it, some input from the site, or the customers reviews. I am hoping that I will use this knife for many years lovingly.

Want Wusthof Silverpoint II 2-Piece Santoku Knife and Sharpener Set Discount?

The price on this was out of this world. Since I already had a santoku sharpener I gave this one to my sister and kept the knife for myself. Wusthof knives are the best. I've been using them for over 30 years.

Save 23% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment