Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Piece Block Set

Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Piece Knife Set with Block, BlackFor some time I wanted some really good chefs quality knives. After doing quite a bit of research and holding several different knives in upscale stores, I settled on the Wusthof Ikon Creme and I'm very glad I did. These knives are super sharp, well balanced, and great looking. There are three different handles available in the Wusthof Ikon knives, and I chose the Creme as a personal preference.

My advice is to hold several top quality knives like these in your hand. You will notice the difference in quality in different kinds of Wusthof, Henckels, and other top name knives. You can then decide for yourself.

These knives are fantastic and will be used in my kitchen for a very long time.

After using an el cheapo stamped steel Henckels knife set for over 15 years, I decided to treat myself to something new and better. After much research, I decided to get this knife set, the Wusthof Classic Ikon 8 pc set. I am extremely pleased with them. The knives have very good balance, are beautifully finished, and are of course extremely sharp. The ergonomic handle of the Classic Ikon fits my (relatively small) hand much better than my old Henckels as well as the lower-priced Wusthof Classic line I tried at a W-S store. The rounded edges of the handle looks more modern and feels more comfortable to hold than the older Classic line. I am using the "proper" pinch grip, where the index finger and thumb are squeezing the blade and the other three fingers are wrapped around the handle. The handles also look so classy sticking out of the knife block where you can see the metal "butt" of the handles with the engraved Wusthof logo. Equally important, the "bolster" of the Ikon does not extend all the way to the cutting edge like on the lower-priced Classic, making the Ikon easier to sharpen and gives it a little more cutting edge. These benefits more than justifies the extra cost of the Classic Ikon over the Classic. The 8 pc set has the most basic knives which I will ever need. Most of the time I use the chef's and bread knives and seldom use the paring and utility knives. In fact, I'm selling one the utility knives since I only need one. I also later decided to get a 9 slot knife block (purchased separately) since the included 17 slot block was a little too much for just the 6 pieces that I am using. The smaller block takes up less counter space and doesn't have near as many unused slots (especially those for the steak knives which I do not own).

You can find this knife set (as well as the 9 slot block) on a certain auction site for quite a good discount. That is where I got mine. At the price I paid, it can be considered a bargain considering it should last a lifetime and beyond. It certainly has been one of the best purchases I've ever made, knives or not. I also reiterate the suggestion that when comparing different knife brands and models, handle the various knifes before purchasing to see how they fit and feel in your hand.

Buy Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Piece Block Set Now

Used to be that knives are just something you find in the kitchen and toss back into the drawer when you're done. These knives are so beautiful that my wife and I handle them with complete care. It's a pleasure to slice anything that we actually look forward to it. The weight is really good and the balance fantastic! Now we treat it like the high priced item that it is! Carefully washing them and drying with a paper towel before putting it back in the block. I'm confident with the proper care, these will last forever!

Originally was purchasing the Henckels Four Star 2. Due to unforseen events, somehow the purchase kept either getting lost or returned to Amazon. Because of this, I did some more research and discovered that the Wusthof is far better designed than the Henckels with a separate piece of counter-weight. The Wusthoff is really forged from one piece then the handles are added on.. thus better handling. So my advice, if it is within budget, get these!

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Piece Block Set Here

My wife is an amazing cook and she cooks a lot (we have 7 children and others that often stay with us). Given how much time she can spend in the kitchen, I really like her to have top notch kitchen stuff -especially if it saves her work.

Although she has never complained about her current knives, I decided to go ahead and get her these (and other Wusthof Classic Ikon knives that match this set).

I opted for Creme colored knives because I thought it would be much easier for me to teach the kids not to put the "white" knives in the dishwasher than it would be for me to get them to pay attention to which black handled knives they put in the dishwasher and which they hand wash.

Anyway, the knives have been fantastic. They have been well used over the 7 months or so we've had them and they are still as great as the day we took them out of the package. The kids get that if they use a "black knife" they don't have to clean it and can put it in the dishwasher. I thought that alone would have them using the old knives more but no, the Wusthof Classic Ikon knives are just so much better they prefer them.

It's fun when in-laws and other family and friends come by and use the knives in our kitchen; they never fail to prompt the new user to praise them.

Want Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Piece Block Set Discount?

I did a lot of research before buying these. Yes, they are expensive. Yes, you will be truly amazed at the quality of these knifes. I bought these for my wife who was thrilled to receive them. I was not sure if I would be buying the rest of the set but now I am positive that this will be the last set of knifes I ever buy.

Save 39% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment