Wallace Hotel 77-Piece Flatware Set

Wallace Hotel 77-Piece Flatware SetI guess my review is just the opposite of another reviewer's. I've been looking for a new set of stainless to replace my 25-year-old Yamazaki, which has disappeared piece by piece as my family grew up. I'm disappointed at the decline in quality of most stainless I've seen on the market now, probably the inevitable consequence of increases in metal costs and out-sourcing manufacturing. Many of the venerable producers seem to be making flimsier sets now. I think the photos of this set were of the original pieces this set was modeled upon, or were photo-enhanced. The patterns are the same as the photo, but were obviously stamped into the sheets of stainless, versus casting, resulting in pieces that seem flat and "soft-focus"---lacking in depth and clarity of details. Some of the bowls on the spoons are a bit rough on the edges, and the reverse of the knife blade is boldly stamped "Wallace--China". That said, the weight is reasonably heavy and the concept of the pattern a winner. It's definitely better quality than the emergency pieces I picked up at the big-box store last Christmas Eve! I will probably keep the set for that purpose--backup stainless for large gatherings. I guess I was spoiled by that original wedding stainless 25 years ago, but at this price-point (about $12 per place setting) one certainly can't complain. However, I do like nice stainless, as it is something used frequently every day. I'll keep looking for my next set of durable, hefty everyday stainless to last my next 25 years!

I bought this service for 12 to prepare for hosting Thanksgiving Dinner. Thank Goodness I bought ahead of time or it would be a late dash to the store.

The design on this set is beautiful. Simply gorgeous. The problem comes in with the knife. The knife's handle is rather large but extremely light. So light that it is obvious that the metal is around some hollow plastic of some sort. The knives in my set also has some black markings in the creases of the design...like it was tarnished or had some left over plastic from a mold of some sort. Either way it looked crappy and felt really cheap.

I had to return the set, sadly. I really liked the way they looked.

Buy Wallace Hotel 77-Piece Flatware Set Now

Some reviews said that this set was cheaply made or looked tarnished but nothing could be farther from the truth. Very heavy, sturdy flatware and so beautiful. I highly recommend this item.

Read Best Reviews of Wallace Hotel 77-Piece Flatware Set Here

I bought these to have something a little different than the usual. These are beautiful and very interesting pieces. Included in the packing is a brief description of the hotels design. Everyone who has seen them just love them as well, great conversational dinner ware.

Want Wallace Hotel 77-Piece Flatware Set Discount?

This was a set I picked out for a wedding present! I really enjoy the different patterns on each piece.I love the quality and durability of the set and it looks beautiful displayed in the special box I purchased as well! The pieces were each individually wrapped for protection, however the serving fork and a spoon were scratched up pretty bad on the front. I think for the price and beauty this set is a great deal!!!

Save 42% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment