Mercer Cutlery Renaissance 8" Chef's Knife

Mercer Cutlery Renaissance 8' Chef's KnifeI've used Mercer Cutlery for over 7 years now and their product seems to get better. These knives are probably the best valued knife in the market. They hold their edge relatively well with proper honing on the steel on everyday use. If you're looking for an intermediate priced knife at home or a knock around at work this knife fills both.

Got it following a recommendation of a chef from my cooking class, and I am completely satisfied.

Very nice balance, good length (I am 5'1" tall), and I love the fact that it can be sharpened all the way through the blade (no dull edge near the handle).

Having said that, I did not have to sharpen it yet, so have no comments on the sharpening process.

Buy Mercer Cutlery Renaissance 8" Chef's Knife Now

This has become my favorite veggie dicer and meat slicer. I've sharpened it once since I got it (after about 6 weeks, using a ceramic sharpener) and the new edge brought it back to out of the box condition.

There are larger knives on the market, but I prefer 8 inch ones because they are easier to clean and are nicer to handle. I am a male with average sized hands -I think 10 inch chef's knives are too big.

Mercer knives are used by many student chefs. I am sure there are better (and much pricier) knives out there. I started reading knife discussion forums and after a point I realized there are knife snobs just like for other products, and a lot of the discussion is ego-driven hooey. But coming from a house husband who cooks for a family of five, this is the finest knife I've had so far. So if you are considering Henckels, Wusthof or other big store high quality brands, you might want to test a Mercer against them. (Don't price compare this to Henckel's budget International knives, but to one of their better knives.)

Read Best Reviews of Mercer Cutlery Renaissance 8" Chef's Knife Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment