Shun DM0710 Classic 6-Inch Boning Knife

Shun DM0710 Classic 6-Inch Boning KnifeI recently added this knife to my rather extensive collection of over 100 knives. I like the way this knife is balanced and the way that it fits the hand -there are right and left handed models. A boning knife is not the first knife to buy. After you have your basic assortment of knives this knife is a nice addition. If you are planning to bone a leg of lamb or a pork shoulder etc. this knife has no equal. It can be used to disjoint a chicken or a turkey as well. Shun knives are always razor sharp so expect an effortless experience as you use this knife.

I have discovered a small quirk with this knife. As is true with many 6 inch boning knives the weight of the blade is not sufficient to tip the knife blade down when placed on a cutting board or counter top so it stays flat and parallel to the work surface. Since the handle is rounded and very smooth the knife may spin away from position as you lay it down. In other words if you were not paying attention the blade could end up where the handle was and you could cut yourself. This is not really a problem as I just lay it on a kitchen towel if I am going to pick it up and set it down many times. Aside from this little quirk I would highly recommend this knife for a cook that would like to do their own boning.

Shun, makes great knives. Yes very expensive too. I recently bought the DM0710 from another vendor ..... for less than what Amazon charges. Just imagine the finest Samurai swords, then you'd catch my drift.

Nevertheless, this Damascus Japanese knife is super sharp.

Being a careful cook, I accidently poked myself with its tip.......my bad.

My point? This knife is so incredibly sharp, be very careful.

I should have known better.

Yes, I don't limit brands. I have a few Henckels, Wusthof, Sabatier, Dexter Asian vegetable slicers. Nothing beats the Shun. My kitchen knife collection consists of maybe 10 different blades.

If I had the money, I'd purchase their Classic 10" Chefs knife #DM0707L, left handed knife for a mere pittance $195 dollars. LOL

I've read the Shun Damascus edge is prone to chipping. IMO, must be ham handed individuals who brutalize what ever style Shun knives. Regarding specific purpose is BONING, period.

However, Shun guarantees their knives for life and will resharpen your, any model (pronounced "shoon"), once a year forever. Just save your receipts to verify.

Yeah, do you see German mfrs offering same?????

I don't think so.

Just my opinion.

Baruse

Buy Shun DM0710 Classic 6-Inch Boning Knife Now

This is my 4th or 5th Shun. Like all the others it is well balanced, sharp (of course), has a good sized handle for holding and maneuvering. Curvature and stiffness of the blade is excellent for boning jobs. Like all the other Shun knives it's a beauty.

Read Best Reviews of Shun DM0710 Classic 6-Inch Boning Knife Here

I believe if you're serious about cooking, you should own great cookware and excellent knives. I finally stepped up and got excellent knives. For those who haven't heard the hype, Shun is one of the most respected knife brands in the world.

Great features of the entire line include these cool "D" shaped handles that fit your hand better. Each knife is made in a rightand left-handed version ( for lefties). The steel used for the blades is harder than what you would find in most other knives. The knives are EXTREMELY sharp.

If you're building your set and want to take care of the must-haves first. Move this down on your priority list. Get the chef's, paring and bread knives first. With that said, there is a place for this knife in your kitchen. As with all of my other Shun knives, this one is extremely sharp and it's relatively light.

This is an expensive, but lifetime investment. I encourage you to visit stores and feel the knives in your hand to make sure you are comfortable with them. For more info on Shun, check out Alton Brown's website. For ratings on various brands and types of knives, check out Cooks Illustrated's equipment ratings.

This is my first and I'm sure last boning knife. As with all Shun's, it is extremely sharp -a must for a good boning knife. I was surpised by the knife's weight. Although the blade is flexible, the knife feels heavy for it's size. This gives me (a true novice at deboning and filleting) more confidence.

The famous D-shaped handle makes the knife easier to grip than other boning knives, but it can slip when greasy.

Want Shun DM0710 Classic 6-Inch Boning Knife Discount?

Beautiful and insanely sharp. I am very happy with the purchase. I do wish Shun would package the knives more securely though. This isnt the first Shun I've received that had cut through its own carton and into the shipping box during transit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment