Mercer Cutlery Genesis 10" Sharpening Steel

Mercer Cutlery Genesis 10' Sharpening SteelI don't know why it is called a sharpening steel when it does not sharpen. It is a honing steel for straightening an already sharp edge. As far as honing goes, it works very well. I use this right after I use my blades and because of this, I rarely have to sharpen my blades.

I have two problems with this honing steel: 1) When I first got it, there was a burr on the steel. Fortunately, my blade did not strike this burr too hard and it was fairly easy to get the burr off the steel. However, I am disappointed with the quality control. 2) The handle is an ovoid shape which forces me to hold the steel a certain way and therefore hone my blades on specific sides of the honing steel comfortably. This will lead me to use one area of the honing steel more than the other areas, causing unequal wear on the honing steel.

Other than those two gripes, this is a good honing steel and I am glad I purchased it.

This item is very well built. High quality! Very nice rubber handle that won't slip in your hand one bit. A little heavy in the hand but not over bearing at all! Sharpens very well! 5 Stars!

Buy Mercer Cutlery Genesis 10" Sharpening Steel Now

Have only used once but am completely happy with...would recommend. I believe this tool is needed to really keep your knives really sharp.

Read Best Reviews of Mercer Cutlery Genesis 10" Sharpening Steel Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment