J A Henckels Four Star7-Inch Santoku Knife

J A Henckels Four Star7-Inch Santoku KnifeI am spoiled by the weight of my 8 inch Santoku left in Florida. I felt I didn't need two of the same so ordered the seven inch for my Illinois home. I was hoping it would be like the 8 inch, just shorter. It failed my expectation. The knife is too light in weight, adding more effort on the user. If able, I would have returned it for another eight inch Santoku knife.

I own an older 'non hollow' version of this knife. I guess the hollow groves are so that vegetables don't stick. Mine seems to work just fine without the hollow groves. I am very impressed by the quality of the Henkels Four Star series. The ice hardened blade is very sharp. It does need a sharpening steel for regular maintenance. The blade is great for cutting raw meat and vegetables, but a bit thin for chopping frozen meat or bone. It's not a Cleaver. The one piece handle is very durable and dishwasher safe. I don't have to worry the handle coming loose. I was worried about that with the Five Star series. The Santoku shape is very versatile. I considered buying other Henkels knives, but this one is so versatile that I don't really need to. I've had mine for 7 years and it's still a great knife.

Buy J A Henckels Four Star7-Inch Santoku Knife Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment