Cutco Homemaker + 8 Steak Knives #2018c

Cutco Homemaker + 8 Steak Knives #2018cI have owned these knives for over 15 years and they DO NOT RUST. However, these knives are NOT for use in a professional kitchen, so professionals, buy your wustoff exc. They stay very sharp and they can be sent back whevever you feel they need to be sharpened. Also, if you have a broken piece they will send you a new one free of charge. So for the man who wrote that he thought the knives were not any good, you are wrong, these are the best knives I have ever owned and have continued to be reliable for 15 years. If you are new to cutco, try a double D edge knife first (it looks like it is serrated) you will be amazed with how great it works! Hooray for cutco!

I have the Cutco Galley+6 set with a few extras like the kitchen shears and a Santoku knife. I really like these knives. The handles are what sold me though. I have the start of RA in my hands and I can't grip small things for an extended length of time. The handles on the Cutco knives are finger grooved so that I don't have to grip the knives as firmly to cut and slice. I use the Cutco's daily and have no issues with hand fatigue or aching. I used to have my wife finish slicing a brisket or roast or slicing lots of veggies when I was using my Henkel Pro S knives. Not because they weren't sharp or great knives but because the handles were hard for my hands to grip for any length of time.

Cutco makes quality knives. They may not be as glamorous as Shun, Global, Wusthof or Messerwhatever but for a discerning cook like me they work great everyday. I know several professional cooks that like my knives but would never use them professionally because they have to impress the "chef" of the restraunt by owning something "not American". Seems nothing quality comes from America anymore to some people. Kinda sad if you ask me to be judged by the name on your knife and not it's ability.

Oh well, such is life as they say.

BTW: I am not in any way associated with Cutco other than owning a great knife set made by them.

Buy Cutco Homemaker + 8 Steak Knives #2018c Now

I have a variety of knives which I got pretty cheap while I was in the business of selling the Cutco knives. They are a bit expensive, but they have a lifetime guarantee. Any problem you have with it, whether you burned the handle, ran over it with your car, or simply dulled it, they will fix it for you free of charge maybe even replace it for you if the damage is bad enough. So it's definitely worth the high price in the long-run! And the knives are the best I've found for easing slicing and dicing.

The things I don't like about it -

I find the table knife handles to be cheezy and cheap-feeling even though they're not not the best presentation for formal affairs.

The blades all tend to stain easily not rust, just stain. You must keep up with polishing them.

I HATE the Cutco shears (scissors). They can cut through about everything, but they are big and thick and hurt your hands to cut anything. The handles are very stiff to squeeze. If you're a woman like I am, you WILL get frustrated with that.

Read Best Reviews of Cutco Homemaker + 8 Steak Knives #2018c Here

We agreed to a presentation because it was from the son of our very close friend with whom we have an excellent relationship and really trust, so agreed to it.

We were explicitly told that we won't have to buy and the demo is just to help the presenter with his college stuff since he would get paid for the presentation. I am fairly handy myself and do a lot of stuff around the house and our vehicles so was curious to find out.

The presentation started ok but soon turned to one of those TV infomercials (remember RONCO) as we were tried to be WOWED with the demo of the cutco knife cutting through rope and leather and the scissor cutting a penny.

I assumed that the knives would be expensive so when I asked as to why someone would use a Top$ knife to be put to such abuse, the guy had no answer except if you have to do it in an emergency. I immediately picked up a serrated knife from my block and it cut through rope to which we were told that the cut was not as smooth as the Cutco knife.

I have a bunch of tools (Blade Knives, machete, sheet-metal snips etc) which are more than capable of doing that stuff over and over again with less fatigue and stress. Anyways we played on but then the hustling started.

First we were pitched the largest set for almost 2K and then the set size was gradually reduced to include different combos of knives at different price points (still in hundreds). We kept refusing everything mainly because we already have two blocks of knives in the kitchen, one purchased from Sears almost 6 years ago and the other one from Macy's a couple of years ago. Both of them work just fine and we really didn't have a need for any more knives. Even after showing those sets the hustling continued and eventually we were offered to pick up any two or three favorite knives for a special one time price, available through that salesrep only, good only until he left. With more than two hours into this nonsense, we picked up three for a meager $200 + taxes and shipping and for our support were magnanimously offered a free vegetable peeler.

Now came the worst part. After the presentation we were again hustled into giving names of 20 family and friends anywhere in the US and were told that they would only have to consent to a demo. No kidding, just like we were promised. We declined and politely asked the dude to leave as we realized that this is just another Pyramid scheme (does AMWAY ring a bell) where they exploit your trust in your friends/family/peers/acquaintances. The guy wouldn't take no for an answer until we parted with a couple.

After he left (more that 2.5 hours later) I decided to check the Cutco website. While we were told that the knives will be replaced for just the cost of two-way shipping even if broke them due to misuse/abuse, here is what is listed on their website.

FOREVER REPLACEMENT SERVICE AGREEMENT FOR MISUSE OR ABUSE

Should you damage your CUTCO through misuse or abuse, we will replace the item for "ONE HALF of the CURRENT RETAIL PRICE" plus shipping/handling and tax.

Send the product with an explanatory note to the CUTCO address below.

Basically they can charge you whatever they want based on their own assessment and their price at that point in time. This is just like RONCO who makes more money is returns/exchanges per/piece as opposed to direct sales.

We got the knives and started using them but found out they weren't any better or worse than the existing ones we already have. We use a mix of serrated and plain knives for everything that you may need in a regular kitchen and these Cutco ones aren't that exceptional. Of course we didn't try these to cut any ropes or pennies or any sheet metal with these.

We returned them under their 15 day return period (UPS confirmed delivery) and are now awaiting the refund since the payment was accepted by a check only.

Another piece of info that we came to know is that though Cutco charges you TOP $ for these knives, yet they won't sell it to commercial chefs with their warranty and all.

If these knives are so phenomenal and last forever, then why not. In the hand of a trained chef, they won't be misused since those folks depend on these for their livelihood and are likely to pay far more attention to cleaning and storing them as compared to us, regular home users.

Want Cutco Homemaker + 8 Steak Knives #2018c Discount?

I love these knives ... and I was so excited to see a History Channel show with my son about "The Worlds Sharpest Cutting Tools" (or something like that can't remember the exact title) where they showcased Cutco knives as among the sharpest in the world! They went into depth about the manufacturing process and the blade design and it was pretty interesting! They put them up there with Samurai swords. Cool.

The scissors are perhaps my favorite thing. I couldn't believe it when I saw that they could cut through pennies! And they are great as garden shears too! And I love how they come apart easily for cleaning. Nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment