Dexter-Russell 12" Cook's Knife

Dexter-Russell 12' Cook's KnifeToo little information provided in description, knife has a 12" blade or larger and is made of inferior steel. Spend the extra money if you're a professional cook and get a Shun. Sending this knife back immediately, my Shun is already on the way.

I bought this knife in January, 2011, right after watching a "How It's Made" segment on TV in which Dexter was featured in one of the episodes. I was so impressed I immediately went surfing for a Dexter kitchen knife as I was sick to death of the knife I had been using. I was tickled to death to find this knife at Amazon and even MORE tickled when it arrived and I could use it. The blade is thin but tough as nails and SHARP doesn't begin to describe the edge on it! I stopped using my "slap chopper" because I can do the job with this knife better, nearly as quickly and have only a single blade to rinse off. I don't think you can buy a BETTER knife for any amount of money!

Buy Dexter-Russell 12" Cook's Knife Now

This really is an excellent bargain. I keep a bbq tool kit in the back of the car when I travel and this is just what you need: Excellent, service-grade functionality in an economical package. Its not a knife for people who want an expensive-looking but mediocre knife on display in the kitchen block. Full-tang, riveted handles, blade that you can easily put a razors edge to with a ceramic stick sharpener. Holds that edge well. It gives 90% of the functionality that you would get from a layered VG-10 faux damascus premium kitchen knife at 25% of the price. Plus I double-dare you to find one of those at any price in this size, which is best suited to large cookouts with piles of roasts that need slicing.

July 2012: Hauled out this knife and used it to slice up about a dozen tri-tip roasts at a barbecue... Held its edge very well with no sharpening necessary during the job (thats unusual), and best of all I can't remember a time when I felt so little fatigue from slicing one roast after another after another. No fancy ergonomic handles required. Just a big blade and basic functional handle. Still very pleased with this purchase.

Read Best Reviews of Dexter-Russell 12" Cook's Knife Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment