Chef'n Palm Peeler

Chef'n PalmPeeler, CherryThis is by far the best peeler I have ever used. I used it once and went out and bought 4 more so I'd have an extra one and for gifts. Since then it has just gotten better!

I have no skill whatsoever with cutting ANYTHING. I literally take half an hour to peel two potatoes along with risk of cutting myself. With this product, I can peel potatoes(and other products) in under 5minutes. Also, the blade is pretty effective (or at least to me)

UPDATE: I'm still loving this product. It is still doing very well. Definitely still 5 stars.

Buy Chef'n Palm Peeler Now

Since the finger opening isn't adjustable on this peeler, it does matter whether you have large or small hands. Also, I think it's safe to say that most cooks would have used another type of peeler before and that the type of peeler you already know would very likely influence your view of this one. In my opinion, this one works well for cooks who like a straight peeler, because both of them peel vegetables from side to side. I've used the other type--a Y-peeler--before, which encourages peeling from back to front. It's an entirely different motion and not the one you would use for this palm peeler. I therefore found this gadget not very comfortable to use.

Concerning hand size, if your hand is fairly large, the peeler may not slide all the way onto your middle finger and therefore probably won't actually sit in your palm, as it was designed to do. It does still work, but it isn't particularly comfortable. Also, you can't see the results of the peeling as you're doing it, and I found that I tended to miss spots. That slowed me down overall, because I had to go back and peel some parts a second time.

The blade is sharp, and it does work well on soft vegetables like zucchini. It's also OK on harder ones like carrots, although I still find my Y-peeler better. On this little gadget, the peel also tends to get stuck under the blade, so again it slows things down while you stop to pull the peel out.

All in all, I wouldn't rush out and buy this peeler, but some cooks do apparently get very good results with it. If your hand is small, and if you've used a straight peeler before, I think you'd have the best chance of liking it. I think I'll stick to my trusty Y-peeler.

Read Best Reviews of Chef'n Palm Peeler Here

Once you get used to the way this peeler works, you will love it. It works exactly as described, and takes a lot of the strain out of peeling fruits and vegetables.

Want Chef'n Palm Peeler Discount?

First and foremost, I purchased this item in a chefs store and did not pay the shipping cost found here on Amazon, but now that I've used the peeler, I would pay it, if I couldn't find it locally because I will never go back to the old way of peeling.

First of all, the ruberized ring is open, and slides easily onto my center finger. The blade then runs up and down from my finger to my wrist. With a simple motion, almost like petting the carrot, the peel comes off. I completed two pounds of carrots in just a few minutes. It was a completely natural movement! Best of all, it worked smoothly and I only had to go over any area a single time, if anything, it almost peeled too deeply.

After many years of cooking, I can't believe that someone came up with this wonderful invention!

0 comments:

Post a Comment