Shenzhen Knives. Ceramic Knife Set - 3-piece (6" Chef's, 4.8" Slicing & 3.2" Paring)

Shenzhen Knives. Ceramic Knife Set - 3-pieceThese are excellent knives for the price. Being a bit of a knife nerd, here is what I've found:

First, these are ceramic knives, and all ceramic knives have a classic trade-off they are hard but delicate. They will slice effortlessly though anything softer than the knife, but will break if you force it against something harder (bones, coffee mugs, diamonds). That being said, because they are so hard, they will hold a professional-quality edge no matter how unprofessional you are.

The edge on these knives is comparable to some of my top-end Japanese knives, and whereas my Japanese knives require regular sharpening and oiling to keep them sharp and rust free, the ShenZhen ceramic knives are practically idiot-proof.

The best way to think of these knifes is as the lazy-man's carbon-steel super-fancy $1000 Japanese Chef's knife. You wouldn't use those knives to bone a chicken, and you wouldn't cut on a hard surface with them, and you certainly wouldn't drop them. Ceramic knives are no different, but unlike carbon-steel, they require absolutely no maintenance. You can leave them wet, you can cut through acidic foods, you can buy new ones for cheaper than it costs to get them sharpened.

The best thing about this item is that it comes as a three-pack, with Chef's, slicing and paring knives. If you use the right knife for the right task, you're less likely to break it or chip it by using it incorrectly.

The knives are light and quick, and the handles are good whether you like to grip the knife or pinch the blade. The one ding I have is on the handles they look a bit cheap since they're made of non-slip rubber, but this seems to be a consistent characteristic of ceramic knives you can't affix them to a wooden handle because you can't drill holes into the tang.

Oh, and all those people who say "These knives are so sharp you might cut yourself LOL" have no idea what they're talking about. A dull knife is the most dangerous thing in the kitchen. A sharp knife goes where you want without having to force the cut, and without having to hold your fingers so close to the cutting zone to stabilize the food you're cutting.

Bottom line: Buy these knives. They're cheap, they're good, they let the little guy slice sushi like the big boys.

I have been adding to my Global knife collection throughout my life as I could afford them. Then I recently received one of these knives as a gift. I was immediately sold on them and quickly snatched up this 3-piece set. I still cannot believe the price. Highly recommended.

Buy Shenzhen Knives. Ceramic Knife Set - 3-piece (6" Chef's, 4.8" Slicing & 3.2" Paring) Now

"Eh, is all I can say. They're sharp, but ridiculously delicate. I am NOT that much of a clutz, and actually enjoy taking care of my quality possessions, but these are just too much trouble. I don't mean in the oiling and sharpening sense (they're super easy to clean and wash), but I've chipped the tip off the small knife cutting through a pork roast (without any bone it) because of a less-than-straight pull through the meat as I was cutting, I guess putting a bit more torque on the knife than it's built for (and I wasn't even yanking the thing at all), and the medium-sized knife is now out of commission because the ceramic extension holding the knife into the handle has broken due to a regular, straight, clean cut through a steak. Only the large knife survives, and I'm not very confident that it will last that much longer.

All in all, they were sharp and easy, but only while they lasted, which was NOT that long (purchased them maybe two months ago). I am going to go out and buy another set of decent metal ones again, and will not be purchasing any more ceramic knives."

After receiving a note from Shenzhen responding to my initial review, Shenzhen offered to either refund or replace my knives. I elected to have them replaced, and received the replacement knives maybe two days after speaking with them, and they threw in a free peeler as well. They were fast, genial, and understanding, and I wish more companies in the US would take a page out of their customer service manual. The fact remains that ceramic knives are quite delicate, but after such incredible customer service and a 'break-in' period (pun intended), I think I'm going to be happy with these knives. Thank you Shenzhen.

Read Best Reviews of Shenzhen Knives. Ceramic Knife Set - 3-piece (6" Chef's, 4.8" Slicing & 3.2" Paring) Here

After looking through many of the other ceramic knives out there, I decided to give this set a shot... and thank god I did. The ceramic blades cut through food like nothing, and the best part of it was that I got three knives basically for the price of one by other manufacturers! What a great purchase I recommend this product to anyone and everyone!

Want Shenzhen Knives. Ceramic Knife Set - 3-piece (6" Chef's, 4.8" Slicing & 3.2" Paring) Discount?

I was aware that ceramic knives are very fragile, as I had spent days reading reviews before I decided to get this set. Right out of the box, I washed them gently by hand and wrapped each one individually with cloth napkins. I went to use the paring knife for the first time; I very gently cut an orange in four, on top of a bamboo cutting board. I thought the knife was great, no pressure and it was cutting through like butter...then I felt something hard in my mouth as I was chewing a piece of orange. Shocked at what I was seeing, it looked like a ceramic chip! So I looked at the paring knife, and sure enough, it had a chip missing. I was appalled! The first time using this set, and it chipped inadvertently cutting an orange! Not only that, but the sharp chip went into my food. Now, I'm glad I felt it in my mouth and removed it, instead of eating it. But what if I had given that orange to my toddler?! What if she didn't feel the chip in her mouth and had swallowed a sharp piece of ceramic? This set seems very unsafe. If you have this or are going to buy it, make sure you always look at your blades before you eat whatever you have just cut! In addition, there was no phone number on the box/instructions to contact the manufacturer; there was only an address in Hawaii. Not good.

Save 9% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment