Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star II 7-Inch Stainless-Steel Fillet Knife

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star II 7-Inch Stainless-Steel Fillet KnifeI take pride in filleting medium sized fish (1 to 5lbs) and leaving as little as possible flesh on the bone. I've had this knife a relatively short time, but long enough to have cleaned and filleted more than a 100lbs (mostly bought at the dock here on the Chesapeake Bay in VA) and the knife has held it's edge. The length is just right for me, not too short nor too long. The flexibility allows me to follow a flounder's back bone ("tickleing")from head end to far down towards the tail while feeling each bone on the way before making the slice out to the dorsal fin and leaving no meat on the bones. A truly well designed knife. I do wish, however, that they had left of the finger guard on the bolster. When I need to sharpen the blade it would be good to complete the edge all the way. But this is a small price to pay for a knife that I find myself reaching for every time I clean and fillet fish.

Save 21% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment