Wusthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Carving Knife

Wusthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Carving KnifeWe have owned the older Grand Prix knives for years, but recently dropped the 8 inch carving on the granite and broke the tip. This Grand Prix II seems like the same high quality, but even sharper and has kept its edge longer without sharpening. We find ourselves using it for everything instead of just carving.

I want to start this review with saying that if you haven't ever experienced the difference between a truly high quality knife and a standard kitchen knife, I realize that spending the money on them can seem frivolous; but if you do a lot of cooking, they are worth every cent you would pay for them.

I own quite a few of the Grand Prix II knives; I personally prefer this series to the other Wusthof series of knives, but choosing a knife is all about how it feels to you. I find that, for me, the Grand Prix II series fits my hands more fluidly than the other series do. And this knife in particular is one of my favorites. It is so much more than a carving knife, it can be used for just about anything. It's versatile and sturdy, but a little lighter in weight than the 8" chefs knife. The knife is extremely sharp, well balanced and slices with very little downward force needed; plus it stays sharp and needs infrequent sharpening (When you do sharpen, I suggest getting the Wusthof Ikon Knife and Scissor Sharpener or another Wusthof brand sharpener).

Buy Wusthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Carving Knife Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment