Messermeister 8-Pocket Knife Roll

Messermeister 8-Pocket Knife Roll, BlackI bought this to carry my first decent knives between my room and the shared kitchen. I like the quality so far-it seems durable, and it's light and easy to carry, and the cordura resists food stains (essential in a kitchen). One thing that irritates me about the design is that the knife pockets are shallow, and there's no added security like a strap or tie over the handles to keep them from slipping out. So if I'm not careful with how I carry the case, the knives do indeed slide out, rattle around, and could be dangerous if I'm ever careless undoing the zipper. This will last me for a long time, but if one of my friends is looking for a knife roll I'll suggest finding one with deeper pockets or additional security straps. There are additional pockets for things like business cards, etc. that I don't really have a use for, but probably someone will be very grateful for them.

I have had this for few months now. It has been great. The zipper work smooth, all different sizes of pockets are useful. There are slot for pens, cards etc. The only thing would be, the stretchy knives slots does not quite keep the smaller knives in place. If you tilt the bag on its wrong side (which you might, sticking it in you other bag or backpack) the knives would come off its place. However with its double zipper cover all lid, the knives stays in. All and all great product. Good investment for ppl like myself (culinary art student).

Buy Messermeister 8-Pocket Knife Roll Now

Got this one for X Mas last year and I have carried it five days a week during this time period. It has done it job but it could be improved on. The pockets could be deeper so that the knives do not move around so much. I highly recommend a set of those cheap o knife guards if you are going to use this product as I have pierce the side of the case when walking to and from work on more than once. I also had one of the seams along the edge split. A little superglue and it was fine, but once again a little more attention to detail on their part and I would be happier with it. I find that this bag has difficulty with larger knives, but anything with under an 8" blade was fine. Overall this is a decent bag if you are not going to overload the bag with larger knives, and you are willing to adapt to the bag. Otherwise spend the extra money and get a bag that is one step up from this.

Read Best Reviews of Messermeister 8-Pocket Knife Roll Here

Remember when you were a kid, and you got that awesome toy for Christmas, and then it broke the very next day? That's how I feel about my Messermeister knife roll. It's only been used for a few months, and the handle is already looking worn and the outside seam has split along the blue line. The inside also has a big cut from carrying a knife ONCE without a guard on it. Finally, I'm having problems with the knives coming loose in transit and banging around.

My Messermeister knife roll gets the job done, but only barely, and it just doesn't hold up to use like one would expect.

Want Messermeister 8-Pocket Knife Roll Discount?

I am a fishing captain and although I appreciate tools that help me get the job done better, I'm probably not going to be expecting as much from a knife case as some one that transports their knives daily. When shopping, I used the following criteria. 1)Safe transportation of very sharp knives to work destinations. 2)Safe and space efficient storage of knives and pertinent maintenance tools once at job site. I looked at several companies with Forschner and Messermeister designs coming out on top. I went with Messermeister because the pockets were deeper and the safety design incorporated a zipper. The layout on this bag provides deep and shallower pockets with elastic to help hold the knife handles in place. All my knives are presently at work but I ordered an 8" forschner which arrived at the same time. The plastic handle fits well in 6 of the 8 pockets. The two side pockets are the sloppiest and don't hold the knife well. Luckily I don't use small paring knives or else the design wouldn't be effective enough. The consolation is the entire knife compartment is zippered shut to prevent knives from launching out of the case should any work their way free of a pocket. When the case is full the friction produced when it's folded up should help keep the handles from moving (I hope). The front side of the zippered protective flap has pockets for business cards and pens which in my case I don't really need. I however, use both stones and steels to maintain my blades and there is a handy mesh pocket big enough to carry at least a couple 8' stones. I do have two issues with the pocket. Since the stones have hard 90 degree edges I wish they had used heavier duty mesh. The pocket is sewn in the middle of the case with unused room on either side. Since all the knife handles will be on one side, it would have been better to sew the pocket close to the opposite side for better balance. All the bags hardware are high quality painted metal. Zippers are nice and there are 4 rings that a shoulder strap securely attaches to. I fly out to my next job May 3rd. I will update my review after I get my knives packed, after I arrive on site and check for damage and again after six months of use.

-Materials 4 stars

-Design 4 stars

-Build 4 stars

-Price 3.5 stars (paid 27.50)

0 comments:

Post a Comment