Howard BBB012 Cutting Board Oil, 12-Ounce

Howard BBB012 Cutting Board Oil, 12-OunceIt used to be called mineral oil, but this appears to be the same stuff. Nice, liquid oil. This is much better IMHO, than their yellow butcher block cream stuff. It wipes in fast and soaks without a film/grease.

I bought it here, but recently found it at my local Awshh supply hdwre.

I have used it on cutting boards, wooden salad bowls and wooden cooking spoons/spatulas and it works great.

I had a butcher block topped kitchen piece from Ikea and never did anything to it. I bought this to seal a new large cuttingboard, and it seemed silly not to seal my other piece too. Boy, I am glad I did. It took about three coats before it stopped sucking up the oil, but now water beads off the surface and wipes with ease.

Once the wood absorbs the oil and the excess is wiped off, the surface is smooth and repels dirt well. I imagine that depending on how often it is used, the cutting board will need a recoat monthly. The piece of furniture was sealed with a wax on top of this and will be done every six months.

Howard makes great products with which to treat wood. I bought two of these and one of the waxes, and am very happy.

Buy Howard BBB012 Cutting Board Oil, 12-Ounce Now

I bought this to protect some wooden cutting boards and serving trays I had received as a gift. This stuff is really great. I used it on basically raw wood and it soaked this oil right up. It took a couple of coats the first time I used it (as per the products instructions), and I also reapply it every couple of uses. So, far its been great and has really helped to keep my wooden items in tip top condition. Also, even with applying multiple coats, it seems like this bottle will last me a long time. I've probably applied a total of 20 coats and I still have about 90% of the bottle left!

Read Best Reviews of Howard BBB012 Cutting Board Oil, 12-Ounce Here

What can one say about mineral oil? Besides being

priced about right, it does what it says. After about 3 months

it has kept my cutting boards, one bamboo, the other teak,

in prime condition.

I've known many, many people who have never oiled their

boards and now I understand why they eventually cracked/fell apart.

Granted they are not expensive; but why destroy a good board if

spending about $8 (12 0z.)to preserve them?

Howard BBB012 Cutting Board Oil is enriched with Vitamin E

and made from "USP food-grade mineral oil" in the USA.

The oil is colorless, odorless, tasteless and washes from your hands

easily. Very pleased to know it is not a heavily oily substance. It is

light weight and soaked into my boards easily with little to no residue

within minutes.

Want Howard BBB012 Cutting Board Oil, 12-Ounce Discount?

I purchased this item, as well as the howard BBC012 butcher block conditioner, because I was not sure which one I would like better for my new cutting board. I will have to say that I personally preferred the conditioner over the oil and probably would not purchase again. The oil didn't seem to soak into the wood as well as the conditioner did, although I did use less of the oil to get the same coverage vs when I used the conditioner. It did the job, but in the future I would probably buy the conditioner instead.

Save 11% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment