Wusthof Ikon Sharpener With 6-Inch By 8-Inch Bar Board

Wusthof Ikon Sharpener With 6-Inch By 8-Inch Bar BoardI bought this on the basis of other reviews, and sadly it didn't live up to them. I suppose, MAYBE if you have a superbly sharp knife you MIGHT be able to touch it up on this device. Maybe.

We tried sharpening some pretty dull knives. Forget it. Then we tried sharpening some reasonably sharp knives, just to see if it was a "touch up" kind of a tool. Nope.

I looked at the abrasive bars through a magnifying glass. All the diamonds were worn off and there was nothing but bare metal showing. Okay, I swapped positions so that a new diamond surface was exposed (you can do this about 4 times or maybe eight). Only 6 knives later, the diamonds were worn off again, more bare metal. This design has only a tiny little portion of the abrasive surface against which the knife blade bears during the sharpening stroke; the tiny area and constant abrasion simply wear away the abrasives (diamonds) very quickly.

I don't know if I could actually say USELESS but certainly nearly so. We are still searching for a good solution. Our local hardware store does the job for $4 per blade, using a simple electric sharpener. The job is excellent, but let's be honest, any reasonable level of use, even on a quality blade, will only stay sharp for a few days or few weeks at best.

Don't waste your money on this product. Buy a full-fledged electric sharpener that does a proper job with a powered grinding wheel.

The Wusthof sharpener is of the best quality as I bought this with a new Wusthof

Knife ( 8 inch IKON ) I have not used it on this knife but I did on my other knifes

and it was eazy to use and gave a great edge. a well made product.

Buy Wusthof Ikon Sharpener With 6-Inch By 8-Inch Bar Board Now

This is the best manual sharpener I have used. Really works to give s super sharp, clean edge. The small cutting board is a nice extra.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Ikon Sharpener With 6-Inch By 8-Inch Bar Board Here

I use this primarily to keep my Wusthof knives sharp after use. Five or six light strokes and the edge is completely restored. I haven't had to use stage one yet and with the performance of stage two I don't think I will ever have to. Highly recommended. Incidentally, stage two can also sharpen serrated knives.

Want Wusthof Ikon Sharpener With 6-Inch By 8-Inch Bar Board Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment