J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 8-Inch Stainless-Steel Chef Knife

J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 8-Inch Stainless-Steel Chef KnifeAfter moving into college without any cooking or baking supplies, I needed to purchase a knife. Honestly, I purchased this knife instead of a smaller knife mainly because it looked murderous. Beyond that though, it works extremely well. I realize that it will not be as smooth as a high-end knife, but for the price, I couldn't imagine getting a better blade. I use this knife to slice fruit, cut boneless meats, and scare the girls in my dorm. Also, as an eversharp knife, it is even more suitable for a student like me because I won't need to worry about sharpening it. Even if it does get dull, I wouldn't mind paying the low price for another one of these knives.

I have extremely expensive knives I use when making elaborate meals, but I don't want to waste them on everyday use. I bought this knife to replace another cheap "eversharp" knife that finally lost its edge, and I have not been disappointed. No, this is not a knife for a chef nor to use on expensive meats and vegetables, but it's a great all around knife for every other use. The blade is NOT thin and flimsy, as another reviewer contends. It's probably one of the firmest blades I've seen on a $10 chef's knife. And the balance is just fine for slicing through tomatoes, making fruit wedges, slicing onions or cutting sandwiches. Yes, it can tear, but if you know what you're doing, you can adjust your technique to avoid this problem. It's one of those "what do you expect for 10 bucks?" situations. Anyone who buys this knife thinking it will compare with a $100 forged steel knife is rather foolish, but if you want to get a lifetime's worth of use out of your $100 knives, knives such as this Henckel cheapy are great fillers for your collection.

Buy J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 8-Inch Stainless-Steel Chef Knife Now

This knife is damn good for the price. I have had it for about two weeks now and have used it almost every night. I have found that is is very useful and durable. Seems to me that it is very well made. I highly suggest that you buy this knife if you want a cheap good chef's knife.

Read Best Reviews of J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 8-Inch Stainless-Steel Chef Knife Here

We bought one of these years ago and loved it so much we ran out and bought one more. When we moved homes, one knife was lost. So we've searched and searched for another and could never find it. Until Amazon got it. Thank god. I thought my husband would never keep quiet about his beloved Henckel Eversharp!

It's true that the knife never needs sharpening. I cook almost every day, and many different types of food. I am not gentle with this knife banged on it with a mallet to slice through hard squashes and so forth, since I don't have the strength! It's indestructible. The 8 inch size is perfect for most of my needs. I grew up in an Asian household where you use one knife for everything. When I've purchased multiple knife sets in the past I have never used all the knives. I even use the 8 inch for peeling fruit, though I can't recommend everyone doing that. I peel an apple so the peel falls away in one long spiral piece, standing over the garbage can. Don't try it at home unless you are sure of yourself.

I am not a tool and gadget snob. I like what works and am not worried about the name.

Anyway, so glad I found these again. Ordering two more. The one we have must be ten years old now. No sharpening needed, but it is no longer true straight edged. Even so, it still works well. Happy, happy, happy!

Want J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 8-Inch Stainless-Steel Chef Knife Discount?

Great knife. Great price. Good heavy solid handle. Very sharp. Tiny micro-serration. I do not like straight edge chef knives. I have a very expensive chef knife that does nothing compared to this one. Cuts even the softest tomato skins and greens easily. Can tackle heavy, hard things as well. When my old second chef knife finally dies, I will buy another one of these.

Save 42% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment