Wusthof Classic 3-Inch Serrated Paring Knife

Wusthof Classic 3-Inch Serrated Paring KnifeBought this when it came up in my Gold Box. As a fan of the Wusthof classic line, I thought it would be a useful addition to my other knives. Yes, it is well made, earning it three stars.

On the minus side, its serrated edge makes it less useful as a paring knife, as I can attest from having cut myself several times on those serrated points. For mincing, I much prefer either the smaller of my chef's knives or even a 4 inch utility knife. Unfortunately, the blade is too short and too curved to work well as a tomato slicer.

Over time mine I noticed that kitchen "helpers" in the family would reach for it--the novelty factor--use it briefly, and return to an old favorite, i.e., one of the standard paring knives, the 4 inch utility knife, or one of the chef's knives. As a result, this knife has been relegated to storage with the specialty knives in a bin at the back of the drawer with other knives we use only rarely.

Bottom line: For use as a dedicated bar knife for citrus, it would be fine. If you are looking for a more versatile knife, my advice is to consider other knives in this line.

I am a former professional chef, and have always loved Wusthof knives. Over the years I have accumulated a set of them, and they are, by far, the most used knives in my kitchen. This knife, a serrated 3-inch paring knife, is particularly useful. I generally use it for dealing with fruits of different varieties, but it is useful in many other versatile ways, too. The knife is razor sharp, and holds its edge well, it is well balanced, and is dishwasher safe (though I normally hand wash it.)

Wusthof knives are the best mass market knives readily available and I recommend them highly. Some people comment on the high cost of these knives, which can be a real turn off, but to these people I say that while the prices are high at first glance, these knives will far outlast any competing cheaper knife they can buy. Buy a Wusthof once, and you are set for life.

Buy Wusthof Classic 3-Inch Serrated Paring Knife Now

Three points I'd like to make about this knife:

1. I love my tomato knife and have been using that for years. Always wanted a back-up or second small serrated knife and this is perfect. A great fit for cutting small fruits and veggies on a small cutting board. You know what it's like when you pull out your second cutting board and it's small, and and your only other serrated knife is the big bread one.

2. Love to cook and also party and this knife makes prep work for any party a breeze cutting roma and cherry tomato's, lemon's and limes, onions, grapes, olives and also any other items that can be small but slippery.

3. Also works great on chopping veggies in which the skin has started to get soft. Like green peppers and tomato's you know what I mean when you use a regular paring knife(even a sharp one)and have to saw a few times back and forth on the skin before the cut happens. No worries with this little knife.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Classic 3-Inch Serrated Paring Knife Here

If you are going to have one knife at your Bar this is the knife. It is the perfect knife for cutting up lemons and limes into wedges. It was like it was just made for that. Because the knife is serrated you never need to worry if it is going to be sharp. I also use this knife for cutting small fiborous vegtables as well. I would highly recommend this knife. Cheers!

Want Wusthof Classic 3-Inch Serrated Paring Knife Discount?

This is an excellent bar knife and only drawback is it is 3 inches and some lemons are longer. But a great knife and I gave as a gift twice.

Save 14% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment