Wusthof Classic 6-Piece Knife Block Set

Wusthof Classic 6-Piece Knife Block SetIf you're considering these knives, you've probably read more than you want to know about the various knives out there. I am no expert and won't attempt to compare these knives to the alternatives.

I will tell you that these knives are attractive, very sharp out of the box, and have great balance. Furthermore, this particular set has a good selection of knives for the beginner who wants to start with quality knives. And it goes without saying that Wusthof has a reputation for quality and longevity. The knives come with a lifetime guarantee, are made in Germany (the knives only perhaps) and the company has been in the knife business for 200 years.

Things to consider:

This particular block will take only one wide knife (the Cook's knife in this set.) I was disappointed to find that when I added the 5" Santoku there was not a slot that would take it. Now I will likely resort to purchasing a larger 17 slot block.

-Again, no expert here, but these knives are pretty light compared to what I'm used to. This may be good or bad depending on your sensibilities. Similarly, the handles are fairly thin. I recommend going to a department store or BB&B and physically inspecting them prior to making this kind of investment. I have gotten used to this, but people with larger hands may not like the feel.

-Finally, use the sharpening steel (properly) after every use or two and get them professionally sharpened once a year. They should last a lifetime.

I recommend the brand, the Classic line, and the selection in this set. My only wish is that the block would accept another wide knife. Enjoy.

First of all, let me say I bought my first wusthof knives about 4 years ago and based on what I've seen to date I'll have them for at least another 10 years. I still haven't sharpened them, though it's time to do so. The sharpening steel has been sufficient so far.

Second, let me review this set in terms of needs. I bought my knives individually and the knives I use most often are the ones in this set. I own a 8" chefs knife, but the chefs knife in this set is 6" which is great for smaller hands. That, plus a bread knife, a paring knife, scissors, a steel and block, I would call this a "complete starter set." It contains only the knives I know I use on a regular basis.

Finally, I'll say that I've ordered from Metro Kitchen before and they do nice work.

If you're looking for a gift, this is a great way to go.

Buy Wusthof Classic 6-Piece Knife Block Set Now

These knives are great. I bought these as a gift. I bought my first set nine years ago they didn't need sharpening until this year. These are high quality knives. If you take care of them and use the honing steel that comes with the set they will stay sharp for years. When I say take care of them I mean don't put them in the dishwasher, always use a poly or wood cutting board, and keep them in their block.

I hate using dull knives. After 3 years or so with this set I thought they were getting dull. I went to a relatives house to help cook for thanksgiving. After using their knives for one meal I realized that my Wosthof's were still sharp I had just gotten so used to them that I thought they should be sharper.

I would recommend these to anyone.

Read Best Reviews of Wusthof Classic 6-Piece Knife Block Set Here

Okay, I don't own any Shuns, which may change my mine, but these are the first high end knives I've ever owned and my wife and I (we're foodies) love them. We've had them about eight months and they get used almost daily. While they'll need to go out for sharpening in the next few months, I'm willing to bet I could still shave with them. Great Buy!

Want Wusthof Classic 6-Piece Knife Block Set Discount?

This is my first set of good knives (I am college student) and it is perfect for me! I use each utensil regularly and I appreciate the extra slots in the holder for when I get more knives. The size is great, I was worried about them being small but they fits my hands well (I am female). They are very sharp and cut well!

Save 42% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment