J.A. Henckels S.O.S. High Carbon Stainless Steel Steak Knives, Set of 4

J.A. Henckels S.O.S. High Carbon Stainless Steel Steak Knives, Set of 4I selected these knives because I wanted high quality steak knives that are also dishwasher safe. I read somewhere in the description or reviews that they are dishwasher safe. This is important because other people in my household (teenagers and husband) have absolutely no regard for what can, and can not, go into the dishwasher (I've replaced at least two Tupperware ice cream scoops for that very reason they pit terribly in the dishwasher). I wanted to make sure the knives would live through a few cycles knowing someone in my house would most certainly put them in despite any lecture I may give about them being hand wash only. However, the care instructions in the box say hand washing recommended no where does it say dishwasher safe. Aside from that, the knives are stylish and sleek but are smaller and lighter than I expected. Doesn't appear to be a problem because they do cut wonderfully and that's what important. Time will tell if they stay sharp and useful but I am quite satisfied with them at this point.

These knives are not only the greatest, but they are also very good looking, you can put them together with your silverware on the table instead of using the wooden handle ones. And no one can't tell they are not part of the set. Plus they actually cut oh so easy.

Buy J.A. Henckels S.O.S. High Carbon Stainless Steel Steak Knives, Set of 4 Now

Keep in mind the dates of the best reviews. I would be the same with my old set. All raves. But this new set is a different story. I uploaded a picture to show the comparison.

I bought a set of these "exact" knives many years ago from a department store in the mall, and have been looking for them again the last few months. I am absolutely in love with the knives I bought then. 5 Stars all around. Sharp, nice looking, all purpose even. My favorite knife to cut a small onion with, and even small potatoes. They have survived everything. After moving, I was down to 2 of them, so I look for more.

I see these, the picture is the same as the ones I have, etc. I ordered. I am now VERY disappointed. The tips are slightly blunted/rounded, unlike the picture and the older style. They are also not as sharp. There really is a sawing/shredding going on with the new design compared to the older ones. The old ones cut neatly, these newer ones tear. I don't know what all they changed exactly, but these knives are not nearly as good as they used to be. I am terribly disappointed, as the old ones are my absolute favorite. I do not like these new ones at all. If I see them again in a department store with the pointed tips, i may by that set again. But not knowing which you will get from mail order, the blunted tip ones are simply not worth the price. My son's Chicago Cutlery ones are better than the new version.

Read Best Reviews of J.A. Henckels S.O.S. High Carbon Stainless Steel Steak Knives, Set of 4 Here

If you're looking for a cleanly designed knife with a wicked looking blade, these knives are for you.

If you are expecting to use the knives to actually cut steak, look elsewhere. The blades are not particularly sharp they rely on the sawing action of the serrations. If you don't have firm grip on your fork these knives will just drag your steak around the plate. The knives don't cut, the RIP through the meat. The small serrations quickly become clogged and any semblance of cutting disappears.

My wife has some steak knives she got years ago as a premium for buying a full tank of gasoline... these knives, with a few strokes on a good stone, will cut a 1 inch steak in a single pass something you could NEVER accomplish with the Henckels.

Want J.A. Henckels S.O.S. High Carbon Stainless Steel Steak Knives, Set of 4 Discount?

After much debating and researching steak knives, I went with the Henckels for the quality of the brand and because this style could be functional while looking great on the table alongside nice silverware. The style and cut are just as I expected, but the handles could use a little more substance. I didn't like a lot of the steak knives because the handles were so big and bulky, but these are a little too slender. It's not visible in the pictures, but I would expect the handle width to be slightly thicker and rounded so that it feels better in the hand when you're gripping it to cut. There is no good surface for the index finger to apply pressure and since there is no rounding on the top edges, they aren't as comfortable in the palm. As a comparison, my regular knives are 3/8" wide and slightly rounded on the edges, while these are less than 1/4" wide.

That said, I'm not sure there is a better option that fits the look and quality I wanted, so they get 4 stars and my recommendation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment