Victorinox 7-Piece Knife Block Set

Victorinox 7-Piece Knife Block SetCustomer review from the Amazon Vine Program Four knives plus a sharpening steel, plus a pair of kitchen scissors, plus a wood block holder equals seven pieces.

It is good you can actually see the set here on Amazon as the box it comes in is a little misleading because there is a knife in every slot in the photo. Part of consistent quality cooking is good equipment and these knives are excellent tools. They are extraordinarily sharp and the handles are durable and comfortable are easy to keep clean and sanitary. One other note the paring knife does not bear the Victorinox markings. The pair of kitchen shears, as I recall from the box, are made in Italy and do not bear the Victorinox markings, either -so they are not exactly like other shears or scissors from the company. They are still solid, sharp, and useful, though. I am not really sure why you would want a 5 inch and a 8 inch chef's knife as they are not that different in size.

From what I can tell, the set consists of the following:

Victorinox 3-1/4-Inch Paring Knife(but it doesn't have the markings)

Victorinox 125th Anniversary Limited Edition 4-1/2-Inch Tomato/Bagel Knife(without the 125th anniversary stuff)

Victorinox 5-Inch Mini-Chef's Knife with Fibrox Handle

Victorinox Fibrox 8-Inch Chef's Knife

Kitchen Shear, 3 in., Black Nylon Handle

Victorinox Cutlery 9-Inch Round Sharpening Steel, Black Plastic Handle

And the block

Still, a good set for the price at this time ($110.00 US) and it would make a good gift or starter set for a household that does not have a good set of knives.

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program I have never had a set of "good" knives before this. Over time I accumulated mostly knives that weren't very sharp to start with, and/or didn't keep their sharpness for any time, but have two that have been quite nice.

This set in its block is attractive on my counter. There were three slots in the block that were still available, so the two respectable knives I already own are stored there now.

These are awesomely sharp. I use them for everything; there are sizes for every use. Although the handles are a black plastic (resin, I think?) they still have a very nice heft and feel to them. The shape and texture of the handles is good for a secure and comfortable grip. Only the second-smallest knife has a serrated edge. I might have liked to have a bigger serrated knife to use for bread, but I can add one of those later. I have yet to need the sharpening tool after two months of regularly using the knives.

I am hand-washing these as recommended, although I am typically the type to toss things in the dishwasher and just hope they'll come out okay. I want to keep these as nice and new-looking as possible since they are on display in my kitchen, and I intend to use them for a loooong time to come! My next task will be to go through the drawer with all my old knives and start tossing...

Buy Victorinox 7-Piece Knife Block Set Now

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program Prior to ordering this product, I actually didn't have a woodblock knife storage unit in my kitchen. I just kept my knives in a drawer next to the fridge. So I always knew there was something missing there, between the toaster and the stove, a kitchen simply isn't complete without one of these babies ornamenting the countertop. It says to the curious visitor: "Yes, I can do things in the kitchen apart from nuking Hot Pockets and heating up Beefaroni." It exudes elegance and class, it's a masterpiece of form and functionality, and it holds knives too.

I was quite pleased to note that this set proudly meets the expectations that it's slightly steep price induces. It's a great starter set of knives, beginning with the ubiquitous eight inch butcher knife. Actually it's called a "Chef's" knife here, which is probably more politically correct, not to mention more accurate. If you're doing any 'butchering' in your kitchen, please don't invite me to dinner.

There's also a five inch junior chef's knife included, as well as a four and a half inch tomato knife and a paring knife that's slightly over three inches long. The sharpening steel is a nice addition, combine this with a formidable pair of scissors and you have quite a product on your hands. All are quite sturdy and quality made products.

This seven-piece set includes:

1) 3 1/4" paring knife

2) 4 1/2" tomato/bagel knife (okay, it's really a serrated butter knife)

3) 5" mini-chef's / utility knife

4) 8" chef's knife

5) Sharpening Steel

6) Kitchen Shear (fancy title for scissors)

7) Great quality woodblock to store them all, with three extra slots for any knives you may already own

Since this baby has been sitting on my counter, all manner of visitors to my home have been struck by the presence this beast makes in the kitchen. The sharpening steel has a hook at the butt of the handle, which I used to hang it over the stove. Highly recommended.

Now where are those Hot Pockets. . .

Read Best Reviews of Victorinox 7-Piece Knife Block Set Here

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program These knives are an outstanding value for the money. I'm not a chef by any means, but I am a dedicated home cook who wants good tools that are satisfying to use. The knives in this set are exactly that, and at a bargain price.

I agree that this is not the best looking set of knives you'll ever own; calling their design "basic" is almost generous. Whether or not you will ultimately like the fit and feel of the handles is a purely personal decision. One of the best pieces of advice someone who is a professional chef ever gave me about choosing knives was to try them out. Everyone's hands are different, everyone's preferences for how knives feel in their hands are different.

As to whether I would give this set as a gift, it would depend entirely on what I was trying to accomplish with the gift. If I wanted to give something that looked high-end and showy, maybe not. If I wanted to give someone a set of very functional, very effective, very well handling knives, you bet I would.

Want Victorinox 7-Piece Knife Block Set Discount?

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program This is a beautiful knife set. Right out of the box I was amazed at the quality of the butcher block alone. It is quite heavy, well built with beautiful wood from and hand carved in Malaysia. The Kitchen Shear, made in France, is quite easy to grip with a very clean slice. I used it to cut heavy string and paper for checking its quality. The Sharpening Steel, made in Sheffield, England is of good quality as well. Decent length with typical sharpening steel design. The 8" Chef Kife, made in Switzerland is AMAZING! I used it to trim fat off of many round roasts that I was cutting into steaks for a Memorial Day weekend picnic. The ease of this knife was incredible. I don't particularly like the plastic grip on any of these knives, but they are typical of most knives. I just have one knife that is a softer grip with grooves that is much better, but that is my only minor complaint with this set. The set also comes with a 3 1/4" Paring Knife, 4 1/2" Tomato/Bagel Knife and a 5" Mini Che's /Utility Knife all manufactured in Switzerland. Each knife works as well as the Chef's Knife and they absolutely made my prep much easier for my picnic. The small paring knife is perfect for cutting anything from cheese to beets! There are 3 extra spaces in the block for other knives, but honestly, other than the great bread knife I described above, I can't think of any other knife that I would need in this set. I am very happy with this set and I can imagine I will be for quite a long time. Please hand wash these or any other knife you have as sometimes the dishwasher will stain the steel of the blade.

Save 49% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment