OXO Good Grips Professional 6-Inch Chef's Knife

OXO Good Grips Professional 6-Inch Chef's KnifeI've been using utility knives all my life, but wanted to purchase a chef's knife since I'm doing a lot more cooking these days. This OXO knife looked like a good yet inexpensive way to start. The knife is well balanced with a comfortable grip and the length is just right for my smaller than average hands. I'm pleasantly surprised by how easy all my slicing and chopping jobs have become, now that I don't have to apply extra pressure like I had to with my utility knife!

My wife and I have been looking for a good set of knives for a while now. We were comparing Henckels, Wusthof, and Shun. Then we found OXO Professional. I must say, this knife is as good as those if not better. It has a great balance and feel. It slices, dices, chops, cuts among the best of chef knives. The non-slip handle is great! I have never lost my grip even when the handle was completely wet. This knife is a good comparison to Wusthof Grand Prix II; they are virtually the same except OXO is MUCH cheaper!

We bought this knife to decide if we wanted to buy the complete OXO Professional set and after handling this knife, we decided to buy the complete set. And at $100 for the entire set, you are saving anywhere from $600 $1000 over the competition!!

Take it from me, if you are looking for good knives at a good price, give OXO a try.

Buy OXO Good Grips Professional 6-Inch Chef's Knife Now

Oxo's 8-inch professional chef's knife has won countless contests surprising reviewers who were skeptical that a $20 knife could perform better than $75 and $150 German competitors. And I'm a believer.

So I was very disappointed by Oxo's 6-inch professional chef's knife. The grip is terrific. The blade shape is excellent, and the blade is capable of being very sharp. But there's just not enough metal in the blade. Simply put: it doesn't work as well as you'd expect if you've used the larger version which is my favorite knife.

If you want to be astonished, buy Oxo's larger model. You'll be dazzled. But if you're looking for something smaller, this knife isn't it.

Read Best Reviews of OXO Good Grips Professional 6-Inch Chef's Knife Here

I chose his knife for several reasons. Economy, size, surehandedness and space limitations, and the knife validates my expectations. I selected the 6" OXO MV55-Pro hoping it would serve as a compromise tool on my boat. Inexpensive, if it doesn't prove to be durable, stowable & weildable aboard, no slip ups underway with the grip, Not overly big, responds to elements well and performs admirably when one steps down (read: up) from an 8" or 10" Chef knife in this environment. No brainer, I would market it to Marine interests. Buy it with confidence!

P.S. Fillet duty is a breeze!

Want OXO Good Grips Professional 6-Inch Chef's Knife Discount?

This is our first "chef's" knife, so my opinion may not carry as much wieght as more experinced cooks.

This knife is the perfect size for cutting chopping dicing etc. It's the new workhorse in our kitchen. the knife is quite sharp after 3 month's of moderate use.

0 comments:

Post a Comment