Oneida Calm 45-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 8

Oneida Calm 45-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 8I ordered the Oneida Calm 45-piece flatware set when it was a Gold Box Deal on Amazon. I was tickled when it arrived because it really is beautiful. Unfortunately, it tarnishes easily if you use the diswasher, and we found that we had to wash them by hand every time. OK if you're if you're a small crowd, but we're often more. Ended up getting a similarly styled set at Costco that are much heavier and don't tarnish and returning these.

These were offered as a lightning deal for 50 dollars and I jumped even though I knew that they were 18/0. They can be found cheaper at it's home site and I do feel that Amazon should lower their price to be competitive with Oneida atleast.

18/0 is 18 percent chromium and 0 percent of nickel. The higher percentage of nickel than the more protection from corrosion. The higher qualities available are 18/8 and 18/10 respectively.

At the price point that I purchased these then they are a real steal. They are beautiful and have a high mirror finish. The picture that is provided on this and the Oneida site shows a matte finish. I suspect that it is photographing like that, but you should be aware that they do indeed have a mirror finish! The weight is very nice and feels like quality flatware in your hands. The spoons shapes are very different and that is what drew me to this design.

The name "Calm" is indeed a wonderful description because this flatware seems very serene and classy (as serene as flatware can be LOL). It is great for everyday ware and I even feel that because of the simple and elegant design you can pull it out and serve your special guests. The pattern can seamlessly blend in with your table settings. Another plus is that a 5 piece hostess set is included. It states that you are able to put them in the dishwasher, but I would like to preserve the mirror finish; so I advise against it for now. I don't see any rust and don't suspect that this will be an issue in the future because I own very cheap 13 dollar sets and even those sets do not rust. You can trust a name like Oneida and their reputable history.

If you want an understated, yet refined and classy addition to your table for family and friends, then this set should be yours. You will not be disappointed and I highly recommend them.

Buy Oneida Calm 45-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 8 Now

These have such a unique shape and hand feel to them. They tarnish very easily, much easier than very very cheap silverware. I'm considering giving up my entire set just to have something more practical and easy to wash!

Read Best Reviews of Oneida Calm 45-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 8 Here

Not too much to say other than we are very pleased with this flatware. I bought it as a surprise anniversary gift for my wife, and she loves it. We have had them for about 6 months now. They look great for formal or casual settings, and unlike many other reviewers I must say that we have no problems with rust or spotting. They clean wonderfully in the dishwasher. It is likely that any rusting or spotting other purchasers have had is a caused by differences in local environments and particularly minerals in their local water, or whether a home has a hard water softener. That said my house does not have a water softener and this Oneida Calm flatware set goes in the dishwasher with liquid Cascade and jetdry and comes out looking great.

Want Oneida Calm 45-Piece Flatware Set, Service for 8 Discount?

Product is very stylish. I got these for about $39.99 and now I know why they were more than $130 off!!! The Knives are crap. The rest of this set is magnificent, but the knives are all water spotted and rusting. Ridiculous. Does anyone care about the products they produce anymore???? Or is it just about appeasing the shareholders and maximizing their share price???? So here's a hint: whatever you made the knives with, dont. Whatever you made the rest of the set with, DO!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment