Rada Cutlery Starter Set Part 2, 7 Pc Boxed Gift Set, Made in USA

Rada Cutlery Starter Set Part 2, 7 Pc Boxed Gift Set, Made in USA, Aluminum HandlesI have been looking for some knives for my wife since she basically had NO decent knives. I did a ton of research on various knives and was looking at getting her a good brand name knife. I looked at all the big ones Henckels, Shun, RH Forschner, Wusthof, Global etc... I even looked at a few deals I found on Ginsu (insert mockery and laughter from professionals against the overly commercialized knife brand here :-)...) I'm not saying any of these knives are bad in any way, they each server their purpose and every person (and person's hand) is different, that's why these brands have been around for so long.

I had to consider my wife though... She's not big on spending $400 on a set of knives that she has to send off (or take somewhere) to be properly maintained/sharpened, and a lot of times, doesn't want to spend her time after preparing food, hand washing the knives. Well, my mom (and several other co-worker's moms) have had Rada knives for most of their lives and swear by them. The biggest issue I had with them was the handles... I didn't particularly care for them myself... Then I found they had a new black composite type handle, specifically designed to throw in the dishwasher... This was PERFECT for what my wife wanted. I purchased this with the RADA sharpener and any time one feels like it's loosing its edge.. I pull it across the sharpener a few times, and it's good as new.

I know these aren't on the same level as the big professional brand names, but the cost/value for our house outweighed everything else I looked at. I would recommend this to anyone professional or not... Who DOESN'T need a few knives you can throw in the dishwasher every once in a while? :-)

I received these an 8" Rada chef knife from my mother, and I must say it is probably the best knife that I have at the moment. I worked with an 8" Mercer knife in culinary school and had to constantly hone the blade due to its edge falling out of shape. The Rada knife has held its edge for much longer and its much sharper in the first place. The quality and strength of the blade is above average for a stamped piece. It looks great and always stays razor sharp with the Rada quick edge sharpener. I use this knife at work and it is great.

Buy Rada Cutlery Starter Set Part 2, 7 Pc Boxed Gift Set, Made in USA Now

First, a good word for the manufacturer. I made a mistake on the online order. The company rep cheerfully corrected my error during our phone conversation and saved me about $5.

When I received the knives, I found them to be much lighter in weight than I was used to and feared I wouldn't like them. WRONG! I have been using the set for about one year and am very happy with them. They are easy to clean and hold an edge well. They are much better than my old (retired) fancy named set.

Read Best Reviews of Rada Cutlery Starter Set Part 2, 7 Pc Boxed Gift Set, Made in USA Here

I bought these knives as a Christmas gift because my Mom bought me some and I love them. They are so sharp and cut so smooth. They will eventually need to be sharpened, but wait as long as possible, because they won't be as sharp as they were from the factory. But they are still great knives. They will last longer if they are HAND WASHED and stored in a sleeve or a box where they won't come in contact anything. I can't comment on the individual pieces, because as I said, I gave them away. I just know that Rada has great quality products.

Want Rada Cutlery Starter Set Part 2, 7 Pc Boxed Gift Set, Made in USA Discount?

Pros:

The aluminum handles are awesome. They look and feel awesome.

Because of said handles, the knives feel uncannily light in your hand

They arrived nice and sharp.

U.S. made steel. I'm hoping that these will hold an edge longer than the Chinese equivalent.

Cons:

The chef's chopping knife is a bit on the small side.

The cheese knife wouldn't fit in my existing knife block, so it'll have to live in a drawer.

Bottom line: I was looking to upgrade my horrible "Target Special" knives with something that I could keep sharp, and could actually cut with. For the price, this set packs a lot of punch. I'll probably pick up a set of matching steak knives to complete the set. The chopping knife is a bit on the small side, but as long as they continue to hold an edge, I give this set 5 stars.

Save 24% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment