BUILT Neoprene Renzo Oven Mitt, Micro Dot

BUILT Neoprene Renzo Oven Mitt, Micro DotOverall, this is one of the best oven mitts I have ever used. It works and works well, with a few small problem areas. I've NEVER felt heat through the mitt, even after holding 450F things for extended times, something fabric mitts just cannot accomplish. But most of the heat protection is in the black textured areas that line the inside grip of the fingers and thumb area on the mitt. The majority of the mitt (the colorful areas) are made of neoprene, and I have had this singe, burn, melt and scorch on the mitt when touching very hot metal. The secret is to not let the neoprene area of the glove touch hot items; this can be a bit tricky since most of the glove is made of the neoprene.

I've used all kinds of mitts, pot holders and gloves with my outside wok over a propane burner that reaches 500F on the handles, and this is one of the only things that has held up at all and allowed me to move the seriously hot wok around--just don't let the colorful neoprene touch anything really hot!

Another minus is that unlike some of Built's other mitts (the longer Arlo mitt), this one is sized very modestly. Most petite women will find this just right, but for larger hands, it's TIGHT. It still works, and it stays on because it's so tight, but it is T-I-G-H-T...!

And as another reviewer here has pointed out, the Nolita stripe does have several areas of color, and the Renzo glove I received was very pink and orange in color, and had no green or blue or earth tones such as the previous one I ordered, which was much more suited for male members of the family.

This oven mitt fits well and is thick and well made. Heat resistance is excellent; I have had this for over 6 months and I don't have any peeling or damage at all. It's easy to clean, which is wonderful because I have a bad habit of dipping the thumbs of my oven mitts in whatever I am pulling out of the oven! Numerous friends and family members have commented on how adorable my oven mitts are when they are over for dinner. I highly recommend this product.

Buy BUILT Neoprene Renzo Oven Mitt, Micro Dot Now

This oven mitt is great. It fits snugly so you can really get a good grasp of items and it doesn't slip. I like it so much that I have given it as a gift to my friends.

Read Best Reviews of BUILT Neoprene Renzo Oven Mitt, Micro Dot Here

Extremely attractive; however, as a previous reviewer noted, the neoprene melts as well as scorches. Therefore, this oven mitt will not retain its beauty. I wish I never purchased a pair and advise that you don't either.

Want BUILT Neoprene Renzo Oven Mitt, Micro Dot Discount?

I've owned this mitt for four months as I wanted a mitt which could grab hot small dishes/bowls from the oven [custard cups in steam bath]. Does a good for everything else but not for hot steamy things, the steam comes thru and will eat your hand up if not careful. Major bummer. Biggest bummer is today I went to use it and noticed 3 cracks, one spider like ,on the neoprene grab side [black] another across the top approx 2 inches from the top. This one ran almost the entire width of the mitt. All pretty deep too. Come-on, like most peeps it's kept in a drawer so why the cracking, the self destruction? Good looks, negative usage, cruddy lifespan, falls apart, pure JUNK. $ave your $$ look elsewhere.

Save 39% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment