Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 5.5-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Boning Knife

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 5.5-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Boning KnifeI work with fish and other seafood all day long, and I've been looking for a good, flexible knife to fillet and skin fish with, to no avail...every knife I've had has either been too light, or not sharp enough...

Needless to say, I've found my knife...it is a godsend to anyone who works with fish, chicken, meats...the blade is flexible enough to make skinning fish like salmon, halibut, haddock, snapper, etc. an absolute breeze, but stiff enough to make boning chicken & other meats very very easy!

I do recommend only handwashing this knife, however...it says dishwasher safe, but I wouldn't risk the high-heat of the wash cycle...

All in all, a GREAT addition to ANYONE'S kitchen.

We bought this knife to trim tenderloin, after being inspired by a televised cooking show. This was my first investment in a really good knife and I had a hard time believing that it would be worth the price. Once the knife arrived, I became a believer. This knife has great weight, balance, and a fantastic blade for meat (just enough flexibility to trim bits of fat and gristle without cutting into the good meat). It was worth every penny.

It's really amazing how much easier it is to work with a good professional knife. We later got a (not quite as expensive) set of Henckels and, although they are good, they are not quite as nice as this particular model. This Pro S series has a better handle and a nicer weight. If you need a good boning knife, this is the one to get.

Buy Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 5.5-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Boning Knife Now

This is the knife that most cutlery sets leave out (oh, and the Santoku as well), and I highly recommend getting one. It really makes deboning so much easierespecially on chickens and turkeys. I deboned a turkey in no time, especially appreciating the extreme sharpness and flexibility of the blade.

I have a mix of Wusthof Classic and Grand Prix knives, but settled on this to 'match' my Classics. There's no difference between the Pro S and Wusthof Classic in terms of performance, but I preferred the lower price tag and shorter length to its Wusthof analogue.

Read Best Reviews of Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 5.5-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Boning Knife Here

Whenever you buy Henckels Pro S knives you know you are getting the very best. They have other types (Four Star, Five Star, etc.) but the the Pro S handle stands out simply due to the construction of the handle, the only one that is a harder type of poly PLUS the handles are RIVITED, giving it a toughness second to none. The Five Star knives have the same good knife edge (don't get the Four Star...the edge isn't as good and doesn't hone as well) but lack the rivited handle as the Pro S. True, the Five Star is more "ergonomic" in handle shape, so if that is what you are after, go for it. But I don't see THAT much difference...I want the rivits!

I have tried the other names and Henckles beats them all so don't try to save a few bucks.

As for this particular knife, if you can only spend the money for ONE good utility knife, go for this knife. I use it for paring as well as for all other kinds of uses except for things that require a chefs knife or cleaver...it isn't only for boning and filleting. In fact, I don't think I have ever boned with it, (I own three of them since my husband and I both cook together and we are always fighting over who is going to get this little knife, so here I go getting another one. Hopefully the fighting will stop now!

You should always invest in the Henckles honing/sharpening stone when you buy your first Henckels knife...DON'T EVER GET ANY OTHER STONE...they are totally inferior, trust me. And don't get fooled into buying any other device for honing either.

When you first receive your stone and knife, give the knife a few long strokes (both sides) on the stone to get it at top performance from the start, wipe with a clean, damp cloth, dry and you are on your way.

...Get this knife and you will NEVER look back...or purchase any other type of kitchen knife again. I would rather have one of these than ten of any other brand names.

Want Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 5.5-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Boning Knife Discount?

J.A. Henckels TWIN Pro 'S': 5.5" Flex Boning Knife 31024 140

The JA Henckels Pro S Boning Knife is a great product. It is a high-carbon stainless steel blade that does an excellent job in carving meats. I highly recommend this product.

Save 22% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment