J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 2-Piece Stainless-Steel Carving Set

J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 2-Piece Stainless-Steel Carving SetThe huge turkey was no problem to handle with my new Carving Set. And the knowledge that knife stays sharp forever made me double happy more holidays to go...

This is a wonderful carving set. I have never been able to carve thin slices of meat/poultry. This knife does the job beautifully. The fork is light yet quite sturdy. The knife is a good size and is as sharp as one would want and is easy to handle. It is serrated and never needs sharpening. I would definitely recommend this carving set.

Buy J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 2-Piece Stainless-Steel Carving Set Now

An excellent value. Looks pretty good and feels good in my hand. Slices meat well and more thinly than I could with my old Chicago Cutlery nonserrated carving knife but haven't tried yet on poultry.

Read Best Reviews of J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 2-Piece Stainless-Steel Carving Set Here

This set is stamped metal. The gauge is heavy but Henckels is pushing the limits of how light they can get away with lightening the stock and portray it as Henckels Quality. I am reluctant to use the fork to lift a 20 pound turkey or roast. I believe the fork will bend under the weight. A well made forged carving fork will easily withstand that kind of application.

I need to remember this set is priced under $20. The knife has an interesting kind of serration. It isn't the usual wavy serration but a fine toothed cut. When I used it on a roast beef last weekend the blade tended to saw the meat rather than cut or slice. I must say I WAS able to cut clean, thin slices using the knife. I also should mention the serrations are cut into the blade on one side only. I used a very fine diamond wetstone to lightly hone the other side before carving. The honing did improve the slicing through the meat.

The knife feels good in the hand when slicing. It would have been nicer to have a blade a couple of inches longer though.

The set is wonderful for the price point (under $20). If you are like I am, though (a serious cook/chef), you would be happier to wait to save up for a high quality forged carving set (like a Lampson-Sharp brand for example). This set isn't really up to the Henckels name quality reputation.

Want J.A. Henckels International Eversharp Pro 2-Piece Stainless-Steel Carving Set Discount?

This is a great starter carving set or a good every day use set. If you're a pro, semi-pro, or weekend warrior chef, this isn't a set for you. $20 is fair price to have this set in your drawers.

Save 49% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment